I was turning left....

BlackCloud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2 x VIOFO A119s v2 (Front) : VIOFO A119 v1 (Rear)
If only the father that paid for that crotch rocked could see how his son drive it :rolleyes:

It may not apply in Texas but in the UK, making the turn then staying in an overtaking lane is a definite no no.

It may not apply in Texas but in the UK, making the turn then staying in an overtaking lane is a definite no no.
The road I turned onto is residential. The overtaking rule really only applies to highways. In this case the right lane ends in a right turn only after a bit and I needed to continue straight.

The road I turned onto is residential. The overtaking rule really only applies to highways. In this case the right lane ends in a right turn only after a bit and I needed to continue straight.

Understandable then. :)

o:40 - My father's '95(!) Renault Laguna had a voice warnings' system with a delightful female voice speaking in French that alerted the driver, among pretty much anything that wasn't right with the car, when a light bulb, any light bulb, wasn't working. If Renault could do it in 1995, when car technology was "pre-historic", imagine how much easier it would be with today's technology. This was a useful system, one that could prevent situations like those (or worse), why no one uses it? o_O

Sounds like he had to slip the clutch to pull the wheelie. Weak. :rolleyes:

whats a flashing arrow mean?

whats a flashing arrow mean?

In this case it is a flashing Yellow Arrow.
I was in a left turn only lane. The Left Flashing Yellow Arrow would mean I can go but must yield to the on coming traffic. This lane also has a green arrow which would then give a protected left turn on green (which occurs later in the cycle). In a sense its the same as a "Solid Green Light" for through traffic in both directions. The left turners have to yield to those going straight.

oh yeah, I can see how that would be effective. has its advantages and disadvantages. I hate how every country has different meanings. a flashing orange light here means that the lights at the intersection are stuffed and faulty.

oh yeah, I can see how that would be effective. has its advantages and disadvantages. I hate how every country has different meanings. a flashing orange light here means that the lights at the intersection are stuffed and faulty.
Usually here when they're broken (often right after a power outage for example), they default to flashing red which you then treat as a four way stop.

Flashing yellow circle and flashing yellow arrow both mean yield. Solid yellow means it's about to turn red. And in the states yellow does not come on just before green - it goes directly from red to green.

Surely there's worse stuff happening in the Austin metro area...

Absolutely, My Camera at that point was only a couple days old. It hasn't captured the good stuff yet. Sad part is I drive a lot for my job, just not in my own car. So I see a lot more crazy stuff and am not allotted the use of a camera to capture it. :(

Surely there's worse stuff happening in the Austin metro area...
I'm sure you're right. My first car was an Austin Metro, and it was never a good thing.

raw-1330462592-595x417-resize.jpg

Last edited:
...And in the states yellow does not come on just before green - it goes directly from red to green.
I'm not sure that's universally true. I know when I first moved to Illinois some years ago I was nearly involved in an accident because, at least at that time, the light sequence was Green-to-Yellow-to-Red while the intersecting road was Red-to-Yellow-to-Green. This gave traffic in both directions advance warning of the impending change.

Unfortunately the real world effect was that those drivers currently sitting at a red light would treat the 'yellow before green' as meaning the same as a green and enter the intersection. Coming at the time from Michigan which did not have the 'yellow before green' the tendency when approaching an intersection with a green light that just turned yellow was to accelerate to get through the intersection. Needless to say I learned new habits quickly. :eek:

Maybe someone from Illinois can chime in as to whether or not it's still the same now.

Absolutely, My Camera at that point was only a couple days old. It hasn't captured the good stuff yet. Sad part is I drive a lot for my job, just not in my own car. So I see a lot more crazy stuff and am not allotted the use of a camera to capture it. :(
Not allowed, you mean? What if you got a suction cup cam and just stuck it up there each day? If you're paid to drive, I see no reason they can stop you from protecting yourself.

Back