i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

if you remove the card while the camera is turned on, the card might become corrupt. you will need to format the card inside the camera to repair the corruption.

try it without the rear camera and see if it works reliably, these are a known problem model, turn G-Sensor and motion sensor off also if it has those options in the menu

Hi guys,
I just bought this camera few days ago on ebay.
Firmware version V02_2016.06.28
file format .avi
I tried it on my car, but I can achieve only about 1 hour of rec with an SD_card of 16 Gb.
I tried to change settings: 720p/1080p , 50 Hz/60Hz, audio on/off but I had the same file size : every 5 min of rec. 998.400 Kb (975 MB) for the front camera, and 230.400 Kb ( 225 MB) for the rear cam. ( very very big files for only 5 min of rec.)
It seems that camera doesn't have a file compression.
I already tried to reset the cam and format the SD_card (kingston class 10 16 Gb), but nothing change.
Anyone have an idea to solve this issue?
Thanks

Attachments

• dashcam size.jpg
    dashcam size.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 17
Hi guys,
little update to what I wrote up.
This cam ( or better, I should say scam) do not have codec H264, as adverised, but MJPEG codec.
This is why ( I suppose) I can achieve only about 1 hour of rec with an SD_card of 16 Gb.
See image in attached files.
By the way, I send back to the seller this "scam".
Hope this help others who want to buy it.
Bye all.codec MJPG.png

Hi guys,
little update to what I wrote up.
This cam ( or better, I should say scam) do not have codec H264, as adverised, but MJPEG codec.
This is why ( I suppose) I can achieve only about 1 hour of rec with an SD_card of 16 Gb.
See image in attached files.
By the way, I send back to the seller this "scam".
Hope this help others who want to buy it.
Bye all.View attachment 24904
You must have got a strange one. I got about 4 hours in dual channel VGA mode with an 8gb card. I don't remember what format it recorded in but the quality was not very good anyway.

There appears to be firmware ver_20120509 available now. Do not attempt to update a camera that comes with a firmware starting with F20 or v2.0 since it may not be compatible.

I have not tested this firmware out but so if you do use it, it is entirely at your own risk.

F70 Firmware Update Steps:

1. Format your TF card
2. Copy the firmware "EX7.img" into the TF Card
3. The device connect the car charger by car, restart the device
4. Click the "Reset" button, then it will auto install the firmware, the device Automatic shutdown.
5. Take out the memory card, the device will be work well.

Dash Cam Man
hi
i got similar camera system info show firmware v1.02_2013.09.24 only problem i am facing is when my 32 gb SD card full it start restarting dint loop video any idea how to overcome this problem? currently i format my SD card every 2 days.
Thanks in advance

yes i did but same result, i got same camera with different firmware which is working fine. only difference between two camera is rec led position

Different firmware and there's a good chance it's different hardware also, these are generic products, lots of different versions exist, have yet to see any that offer any level of support though unfortunately

hi
how to extract and save firmware for future use so i can try other firmware if that one didn't work i can still upload old saved firmware

If its a AMBA based camera and you brick it, you will need more than just a coy of the current working firmware in .bin format.
To unbrik AMBA based cameras you most often have to resort to a .elf file and upload that to the camera using USBdirect.

BUT ! i have a sneaky feeling its not even a AMBA devise in which case i am pretty muc lost for good advise as what to do.

hi Kamkar1
Thanks for quick reply both of my camera got F20 processor can you please guide me how to do that.

Don't know that it's possible, the F20 is only used in very low end products, support is pretty much non existent

Back