i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The i1000 dual lens camera that records at 720p (30fps) for the front camera and 480p for the rear camera. Any i1000 camera that claims 1080p is interpolated and fake.

Goes under a number of different names:

F70 (The most popular model is the F70 now)
i1000 (The next most popular brand name, many manufacturers)
X6 (Quite popular brand name but also the name of another dual lens camera)
NEI DVR232 (Not popular brand name, one manufacturer makes this)
K7000 (Not a popular brand name, only a few examples of this)
Dual Lens 720p HD DVR (On ebay with this name)
Recordeye DC770 (this is only available in Russia)
B6 on Aliexpress (likely a "fake" version given the low price and AVI recording)
Flytec FT-101 (Primarily sold in Taiwan)

There is a similar camera that claims 1080p recording. The DM300 is over $100 and has an HDMI port. We have not been able to verify if this claim is true.

Like most Chinese cameras, there are many manufacturers with different specs.

Main differences:
1) Low end models record in avi, high end in mov
2) Some models use a suction cup, others use 3M tape (3M tape is preferred)
3) Some cameras have date / time in black letters on white background on the top/middle (likely a Zoran processor), others have the date / time on top left in hollow white letters (processor ?)
4) Some have a reversing camera with no LEDs, others have LEDs
5) Lower end models do not have a remote, higher end models have remote

Firmware appears to be a date such as 20120726 or 20120509, etc.

Price ranges from $35 for cheap fakes to $80 from reputable vendors. Some are over $100, but not sure if the quality is any different.

Will post some videos shortly.

Dash Cam Man

Re: i1000 720P Dual Lens Camera

Some pictures of this cam.

dashcamtalk.com_cams_i1000_i1000_20Dash_20Cam_201.jpg

dashcamtalk.com_cams_i1000_i1000_20Dash_20Cam_202.jpg

dashcamtalk.com_cams_i1000_i1000_20Dash_20Cam_203.jpg

dashcamtalk.com_cams_i1000_i1000_20Dash_20Cam_204.jpg

dashcamtalk.com_cams_i1000_i1000_20Dash_20Cam_205.jpg

dashcamtalk.com_cams_i1000_i1000_20Dash_20Cam_206.jpg

dashcamtalk.com_cams_i1000_i1000_20Dash_20Cam_207.jpg

dashcamtalk.com_cams_i1000_i1000_20Dash_20Cam_208.jpg

dashcamtalk.com_cams_i1000_i1000_20Dash_20Cam_209.jpg

dashcamtalk.com_cams_i1000_i1000_20Dash_20Cam_2010.jpg

Dash Cam Man

Here is the i1000 Front Cam Video Quality (Date/time in top right in hollow white numbers)

Here is the i1000 Rear Cam Video Quality (Date/time in top right in hollow white numbers)

Last edited by a moderator:

i1000 In-car front cam example (Date/time in top right in hollow white numbers)

i1000 In-car rear cam example (Date/time in top right in hollow white numbers)

I am still trying to find some night videos. I will try to compile all the data here and will eventually create a main page for this dash camera.

Dash Cam Man

Here is a full review of the camera by Techmoan.....

Last edited:

Thanks for the videos. Looks like decent quality during the day. Are there any gaps between the clips? It appears to be much better than the AGPtek GD26 you have. Having the camera on the rear windshield makes a big difference. Any idea what firmware came with your camera?

Thanks
Dash Cam Man

Re: i1000 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

The videos I posted are single 5 minute segments, so there is no example of the gap. The specs say that the gaps are intended to last between 200-400ms, but I think it does better than that. If I mux different segments together, the gap is barely perceivable. I am using a 32GB Class 10 SD card made by G. Skill, which may or may not help. Keep in mind that I haven't used the cam long enough to need to erase a file before starting a new one, and it will be a while before that becomes a factor, as the 32GB card is good for ~18 hours of footage. A 1 minute segment from the front camera is 30-34MB, and a 1 minute segment from the rear camera is 8-10MB. A 5 minute segment from the front cam is ~150mb, and from the rear cam, a 5 minute segment is ~40mb.

The firmware that is installed on mine is ver_20120509

spaceballsrules said:
The videos I posted are single 5 minute segments, so there is no example of the gap. The specs say that the gaps are intended to last between 200-400ms, but I think it does better than that. If I mux different segments together, the gap is barely perceivable. I am using a 32GB Class 10 SD card made by G. Skill, which may or may not help. Keep in mind that I haven't used the cam long enough to need to erase a file before starting a new one, and it will be a while before that becomes a factor, as the 32GB card is good for ~18 hours of footage. A 1 minute segment from the front camera is 30-34MB, and a 1 minute segment from the rear camera is 8-10MB. A 5 minute segment from the front cam is ~150mb, and from the rear cam, a 5 minute segment is ~40mb.

The firmware that is installed on mine is ver_20120509

The gap is definitely very small (much less than 1 second). Very good from that aspect. The firmware appears to be the same as this i1000 sold on Aliexpress.

i00.i.aliimg.com_img_pb_735_498_497_497498735_116.jpg

Dash Cam Man

Also, I was trying to see what is the most popular place to purchase this camera. Here they are:

F70 at Aliexpress - 30 Sold

Dual Lens Mini HD DVR on eBay, UK only - 22 sold

F70 at Aliexpress - 10 sold

Dual Lens Mini HD DVR on eBay, UK only - 10 sold

i1000 at Aliexpress - 9 sold

I imagine the UK sales are a direct result of the Techmoan review. Overall, sales so far have been very low. This is likely the main reason why so little information on this camera is available.

Dash Cam Man

I have been having some trouble with mine. It doesn't want to switch the G-Sensor on. Every time I try to change it, as soon as I click to confirm the option (low, med, or high) the unit just switches off. When I turn it back on, the setting is back to OFF. I probably just got a defective unit. Not really a problem for me, as I just keep the cam rolling when driving, and I don't use it as a parking cam.

My only gripe with this camera is the picture quality, especially at night. If this were available with (true) 1080p resolution with a 720p rear cam, this would be perfect.

Hopefully, these producers will pick up the new and improved CMOS sensor from Sony and integrate them into their existing products. http://www.pcworld.com/article/261110/s ... ixels.html

spaceballsrules said:
I have been having some trouble with mine. It doesn't want to switch the G-Sensor on. Every time I try to change it, as soon as I click to confirm the option (low, med, or high) the unit just switches off. When I turn it back on, the setting is back to OFF. I probably just got a defective unit. Not really a problem for me, as I just keep the cam rolling when driving, and I don't use it as a parking cam.

My only gripe with this camera is the picture quality, especially at night. If this were available with (true) 1080p resolution with a 720p rear cam, this would be perfect.

Hopefully, these producers will pick up the new and improved CMOS sensor from Sony and integrate them into their existing products. http://www.pcworld.com/article/261110/s ... ixels.html

Thanks for the feedback. There are very few cameras that have good night quality right now other than some of the Korean ones. Also I think the Korean camera producers will be using the Sony sensors soon but I doubt the Chinese will. But I imagine the price tag will be high $300+ at least in the beginning.

Dash Cam Man

I wonder if we will be able to retrofit the new lenses into old cameras. Time for a section on mods? ;)

Anyhoo, I was able to get some night-time footage on this cam last night, so I figured I would encode and upload it for everyone's viewing pleasure. There is a deer running across the road at :27, and there is a gap at 2:55. As you can probably tell, the gap is minimal and practically zero footage is lost. If you miss the gap, then you blinked. :)

Thanks for posting the night videos. The front one is average but there are few cameras that have better night video. Rear camera is better than I expected. If someone hits you from behind, it is definitely visible. I know we always want the best video but this setup looks decent for a reasonable price.

Dash Cam Man

DashCamMan said:
Thanks for posting the night videos. The front one is average but there are few cameras that have better night video. Rear camera is better than I expected. If someone hits you from behind, it is definitely visible. I know we always want the best video but this setup looks decent for a reasonable price.

Dash Cam Man

I agree. As I continue shopping around for the next dashcam, I am coming to the realization that the i1000/F70/DVR232 is good bang for the buck. Any improvements over it would be incremental, but would cost significantly more.

spaceballsrules said:
I wonder if we will be able to retrofit the new lenses into old cameras. Time for a section on mods? ;)

Actually changing lenses on dash cams is the most popular mod in Russia. I will start putting some info on changing lens soon!

Dash Cam Man

So after over 2 weeks of research and trying to find the right camera, I think I have finally chosen this one. I drive all day for my job and like the ability to spin the lens around for any police encounters. I also legally carry my handgun therefor any footage of my interactions especially with police is a major plus. My last question is if anyone has anymore info on real vs. fake. Is it too new for fake? Is there just high quality and low but no real fakes? I read the earlier post under the new cam section of the comparison area. So I know about making sure its in Mov. And H264. I know anything stated over 720 is a lie, and I know to check what comes in the package(remote provided with quality packages). So, any further things to look for?

Otto said:
So after over 2 weeks of research and trying to find the right camera, I think I have finally chosen this one. I drive all day for my job and like the ability to spin the lens around for any police encounters. I also legally carry my handgun therefor any footage of my interactions especially with police is a major plus. My last question is if anyone has anymore info on real vs. fake. Is it too new for fake? Is there just high quality and low but no real fakes? I read the earlier post under the new cam section of the comparison area. So I know about making sure its in Mov. And H264. I know anything stated over 720 is a lie, and I know to check what comes in the package(remote provided with quality packages). So, any further things to look for?

I would not worry about the remote, nor the file format. The remote doesn't do anything that can't already be done with the camera itself. Whether the file format is .avi or .mov does not affect the image quality. The h.264 is the important part, as that affects file compression/size and the gap between files. Honestly, I wish I had bought a model with .avi format, rather than .mov, as I have to encode the .mov to .avi anyway just so I can edit the footage.
Just be sure not to pay too much, like I did. The "good" versions of this camera are readily available on eBay and AliExpress for around $70-75.

Otto said:

Hi Otto,

Not many of these cameras have been sold so it is hard to distinguish between the different models.

This i1000 model from Shenzhen Saddle appears to have the same firmware as the one purchased by spaceballsrules. The F70 model from Shenzen CG Electronics is becoming popular with over 80 sold.

I would probably stick to one of those vendors.

Also I am not sure you will be able to spin the lens to point towards the drivers window. Perhaps spaceballsrules can comment on that.

Dash Cam Man

Back