i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

amazon (us) ... search car electronics... HD 720 P dual lens car dvr.. this should show you unit i bought..

i got it right side up....... went to menu... default set choose 'yes'... now i'll shut down and restart to see if i have to reset my lan. back to english etc... thanks for your input,, john

yep.. had to change to english, but remembered where that was in the menu ..so just some minor tweeks and i will install in car.. hope you are doing well at the show,, good luck

up date on upside/down: when i go to default the image goes right side up ,but if i change the 1080p to 720p then the next time i turn off the unit and restart its us/d again. it looks like i have to leave it set to 1080p... this ok but wont this make my files larger?? so far i think i can change other settings in the menu's with out the us/d reoccurring, maybe!!:eek:

up date on upside/down: when i go to default the image goes right side up ,but if i change the 1080p to 720p then the next time i turn off the unit and restart its us/d again. it looks like i have to leave it set to 1080p... this ok but wont this make my files larger?? so far i think i can change other settings in the menu's with out the us/d reoccurring, maybe!!:eek:

I couldn't find which unit you have but it sounds like a very poor version, something you'll have to live with I guess, this isn't the sort of thing that gets supported afterward

just got my hd 1080 dvr and the screen image for the forward facing camera is upside/down. when i turn the unit 180 degrees it is still upside/down . any ideas?? i reset the unit to no avail. i found out how to change to English by reading this forum so hopping to get more info here.

There is an option to flip the video from the front camera. While the camera is powered on and NOT recording, hold either the REC or MIC button for 3 seconds to flip the image. It depends on which mode you are originally in as far as which button will flip the image. If the MIC button worked, then press the REC button to flip it back. If the REC button worked, use the MIC button to flip it back. I hope that makes sense.

that makes sense, and i'll give it a try . the only other way i could see to have the image right side up was to only use 1080p. thanks for the heads up( pardon the pun). ;) john

I have extract the build-in camera lens from the main unit.
Now i have ordered a 2 meter long FFC 24 pin cable with 0,5mm pitch, A-Type to replace the original 5cm cable.

My plan is to make the main camera to a external cam like the rear cam is.
When it work, i have a dashcam with 2 external lenses with g-sensor and nightvision.

The main cam will be placed somewhere near the rear mirror or into the rainsensor, there is enough space.

I will report in a few days

If somebody is interested in the A-Type 2 Meter FFC 24Pin cable, with 0,5mm Pitch, please contact me.
It costs 35€ + shipping

I dont know how to update the cam by placing the image file on the card.
I succeffully updated mine to F20_20130122 with the software LiveSuit.
I had to hold arrow up button and pressing power button. The camera starts in a update mode, and wants some drivers that are in the driver folder of lifesuit.
After succefully installing these drivers you can flash the firmware with lifesuite.
After Flashing is done the cam reboots.
Done.

Its a little bit dificult because the software is not easy to handle.

If You want to retry it your way, try to name the imagefile epos.img

Where i can get the LiveSuit Software and the Firmwares for the F70?

I have had one of these for a month or so now, unfortunately it ceased to work in the car for more than a minute or two, though it worked all day and night connected to my laptop. I found that the cigarette lighter plug in power supply was giving 5.5 volts but not enough amps. A replacement from Mr Maplins (2 amp) sorted this problem. I had purchased from AliExpress and had sent several emails requiring help when trying to diagnose this problem, but didn`t get one single response back, so won`t be buying from them again!

I can see I triangular hazard sign on one of the buttons. Is it an sos button like the vicovation has?

I can see I triangular hazard sign on one of the buttons. Is it an sos button like the vicovation has?
I would think so, have you tried it out?

I would think so, have you tried it out?
Well, I bought It from ebay and it arrived today. It does indeed work as an sos button but only records like 10 seconds before and after you press it. Also it was advertised as recording in .avi but actually records in .mov.

Also, weirdly it records in "1080p". None of the models I have seen do this.... is it just upscaled?

It arrived at work so I fitted it in the dark. Will report after using tomorrow....

O.k.

Like I said in the previous post only used this in the dark. I took a punt because I couldnt be bothered to read 13 pages and as vicovation lied to me about the release date of the xf2 I wanted a budget rear and front cam dash cam.

I have now skim read some of these pages... mine says I can record in 1080p but I have only used it in the dark until now. Doesnt seem to reduce the record time in this mode so I imagine it is upscaled. It doesnt have a hdmi port. Night time footage is better than the dake k2000 I have but blocky and pixelated in dark patches.

Also, led's around rear cam glow red (visible to naked eye) but produce a very good "military" night vision view, better picture than front but lower quality if that makes sense?

I am off work tomorrow so will be testing footage on a road trip. Does anyone else have this model cMera?

If anyone is interested I have uploaded a video with footage at varying light levels throughout the day in 720p and 1080p.

Video can be found here...

Hi everyone, Does anybody have the GPS module for this camera that they don't need/aren't using? I've been trying to find somewhere that has them individually but to no avail. If you're in the UK, that would be ideal.

Thanks again.

[edit] Never mind guys, I found one on aliexpress.

Last edited:
Ashley, thank you for the link and taking the effort to make and show your results, looks as if it has 1080p then, ages ago I heard there was a 1080p of one of these but the screen was 3" if this is a 1080p then things might have changed and they kept the 2"

Back