i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

Hi! I have one camera i1000, F20 type and I have a problem. After power it off and open again, it will come with default settings no matter what I do. Any ideas?

Internal battery on the PCB has likely failed

That would be the main battery or I should look for another small battery like the one for BIOS in computers?

I've checked all the board and find nothing. The only thing similar with a button cell is the microphone. It can have another shape, or missing from the beginning? Does this problem since I bought it.

If I'll post photos with the board, will help finding the problem?

Thank you

Probably I can install that battery but since I don't have any idea where it should be...I think I'll give up.

Now, the only way to use it is always On with Motion Detection mode active. In this case, I don't know how much power will use from the car battery, but I use the car every day...so hopefully no problems with that.

Use a hard-wire connection kit for that. It will shut off the cam if battery voltage drops a certain level.
But: may be its a good choice to replace the cam with a more reliable model...!? ;)

Regards

When I bought this camera I thought it's a reliable one. Now, I don't know what is better choice in a decent price.

My 2 cents about this cam:

F70 purchased on Aliexpress from Shenzhen CG Electronics Co., Ltd. here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/F70-G-Se ... 97152.html

Come in a box like this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Driv ... 24391.html

Firmware F70_20130126

Problem with record freezing every 15-30 seconds, even with 1 min video lenght, solved with Samsung microSDs (8GB class 6 and 16 GB class 10, the ones with orange characters). Before I used a genuine Sony class 4.
On the video lenght menu the "OFF" item selects a 10 minutes lenght instead (and it works flawless with the above card).

Then there were troubles on rear camera recording: strange periodical (every 2 seconds) artifacts on video playback using Media Player Classic - Home Cinema and K-Lite codecs on PC. Perfect playing on my home mediaplayer and TV instead, so test different players.

Battery doesn't last so much. I saw it came from rear camera consumption.
I think (voiding my warranty) of modify it deactivating IR leds and putting in the middle of the cable a special board (DIY) that supplies power to the rear camera right from car wiring by command of the DVR rear camera plug, if I do and it will work then I'll post schematic.

To place the DVR on the right position, with camera lens that views through a well wiped glass area and no visual obstruction for the driver, I had to use the bi-adesive support (sucker is nice and well done, but is too thick on such position, DVR interfere with rearview mirror). After some DVR lock/unlock it loose the grip, so that DVR slid out on tight turns (maybe some insulating tape applied on the "peg" would make the trick to regain the right grip).

Hope it helps.

Question: on menu item "Auto Record" what "Charge Video" mean ???

I can confirm that switching to the exact Samsung microSD card mentioned above solved my issue of 15-30 second freezes. I would not recommend setting video length to "OFF", though. While it does produce videos of 10 minute lengths, it will say "Disk full" instead of looping and deleting the oldest one.

The problem I have now is that sometimes the dashcam will be unable to properly write the file to the SD card and produce a corrupted file. It will also stop recording. The way to tell this has happened is the record timer will go past the video length setting of 1, 2, or 5 minutes. The recording light will continue to flash, so you cannot tell unless you look at the red recording timer. Has anyone experienced and been able to solve this problem?

How good a fit is the plug into the socket?
I used to have no end of problems in my old bus, almost as though the power socket wasn't designed to have anything other than a lighter plugged in.
The plug I'm using connects to a 2 way splitter. I have a piece of plastic washer pushed into the metal -ve tabs on each side of the plug in order to keep it firm in the socket. A bit Heath Robinson but haven't had a problem since.
Also worth noting that most cams require a period of time to shutdown, if the plug/socket is loose enough to lose a connection, it might regain almost instantly - but this won't help the cam which will be trying to shut down after losing power AND try to come back after detecting power. This kind of confusion will simply crash the thing.

The fit is pretty might, I can play with the wires both near the usb side and the power adapter side and it will never shut off the camera. It's very confusing, I'm directly plugged into the cigarette lighter without a splitter, I have 2 ports. I have tried switching the radar detector and dash cam power cables but haven't had any luck.

Sorry to say, but best choice is to contact the reseller for a replacement or any other new camera. I agree with jokiin and sludeguts ;). There are so many different types for this model, some are working well, others not. Its hard to say which one is reliable and which one not.
I wouldnt buy this model for myself again, even I dont have big trouble with the cam. Thats also I adress to Mathius, save your money and buy a Full HD cam. The video quality of the F70 is so poor, you will not get really fun with it.
The only advantage of this model is that the case is very slim and could be put to the windshield or ceiling (rear use) very close. Night or low-light videos are unusable.
If you dont take care about the video quality but for a slim installation than it could be a choice.
But in case of evidence the videos do not help you yery much...just my 2 cents about this cam...

Regards

Ah...I contacted the seller but haven't gotten a response and will probably not get a response.

It's just luck I guess, my dad got one and has not gotten any problems. Same seller, same cam.

I got this camera because it was on sale and i have been wanting a back and front camera combo

im not sure what of the many models i got

but i knew going in the video and some of the other issues

i decided that they were acceptable i drive mainly daytime not much night

my model in playback has black background and green letters and numbers

installation and hiding the wires was fast

i had a loop problem but was told to try the 5min and that fixed it

for what i use and want it for the pics are very good it can see plates car makes etc

i have just noticed the display is useless the times i have used at night display is black

get home play my sd card unlike other reviews my night is clear and still can see care details

i went to parking lot with no lights and still a ok video the darker it get the less the camera sees but on highway it can still se the white lines

im disabled so those hundreds of dollar cameras were not a option had to wait a year or so just to get this one

im really happy with it but like a you tube review man those leds record power charge etc blinding at night

for me very good exactly what i was looking for and saw on you tube

if it fits your needs, suits your budget, keeps on working and you're satisified with the results then that's all you need

I can confirm that switching to the exact Samsung microSD card mentioned above solved my issue of 15-30 second freezes. I would not recommend setting video length to "OFF", though. While it does produce videos of 10 minute lengths, it will say "Disk full" instead of looping and deleting the oldest one.

The problem I have now is that sometimes the dashcam will be unable to properly write the file to the SD card and produce a corrupted file. It will also stop recording. The way to tell this has happened is the record timer will go past the video length setting of 1, 2, or 5 minutes. The recording light will continue to flash, so you cannot tell unless you look at the red recording timer. Has anyone experienced and been able to solve this problem?
I purchased an i1000 at a cheap price from a Chinese reseller off Amazon and had trouble after a few months. It appeared this was a repaired unit. 2 cameras, back camera has LEDS, comes w. remote, at first the quality was ok but after three months (just out of warranty) the unit would stop recording and shut down. problem with mSDHC card where the unit would not write to the card anymore. I formatted card using the camera and started using it again. A week or so later the unit stopped recording. Check the card and it would NOT format. I tried another 8 gb card. about a month later the second card went wonky. Would not format. A check on the cards using a Linux program, "testdisk" yielded an 11 MB file, the first errors listed "

Current partition structure:
Warning: number of heads/cylinder mismatches 255 (FAT) != 244 (HD)
Warning: number of sectors per track mismatches 63 (FAT) != 62 (HD)
1 P FAT32 0 132 9 1021 104 24 15443968 [NO NAME]

Bad relative sector.
No partition is bootable
search_vista_part: 1

It appears that the unit may have tried to write to a file and did not finish the task. Could be the onboard battery gave up the ghost. The second mSDHC card was unreadable even with testdisk. After spending fifty bucks or so on mSDHC cards that were ruined, I don't recommend this unit to anyone.

I've bought this dashcam:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Title of the box: "Double camera HD DVR" on the box: "HD 1920*720" and "H.264 video"
Received in France from China within 15 days, free expedition :)

Some info after starting:

Content of the package: DVR, rear cam, cables, english manual, succion and tape mounts
Rear cam is the one with 4 leds; it's mirror like and shows marks for parking (in yellow , with red and green lines)

Several minor problems:
no way to see videos on the DVR (i've tried all possibilities I think),
edit: I don't understand why, but now it's OK ... but files are well recorded in.mov, good on the PC (very good, if I do a pause on the video when crossing a car (90 km/h each side, I can easily read the plate of the other car!)

Many buttons hang up the DVR from the remote, but it's the only way to shut down the screen when auto recording (you can stop recording from the DVR but not the screen)
Edit: when setting "backlit" at 1 or 5 minutes, it works!
On the DVR, the upper right button "danger" doesn't record with protection but allows to switch between front+rear, front only, or rear only!
But fortunately, the left upright button does the job (protected record - not for 20 sec as written, but for the selected time of the footage-
Idon't know if this is a real HD front cam, but you can choose between 1080, 720 or vga
Battery is going empty very quickly (maybe 5 minutes)
edit: quick to go down from max to half but finaly last at least 15 minutes
and the car charger is able to shutdown the red central led
The clock is running too fast: it advances of several hours per day!

I suppose a new firmware would solve these minor issues (would someone have info about this?)

But for the price (36 euros, free delivering), I'm rather satisfied!

Hoping this would help someone...

Last edited:
Hi all,

I bought my cam from Geekbuying and my rear camera has a parking grid on it. Does anyone know how to turn it off?
Also, my frimware is, 1.02_2014.02.20

Thanks!

Hi all,

I bought my cam from Geekbuying and my rear camera has a parking grid on it. Does anyone know how to turn it off?
Also, my frimware is, 1.02_2014.02.20

Thanks!
Hi,

I was not able to stop it myself too, but it's not really a problem: it's a mirror like view and may help to go rear side and park...
In case of accident, it's always possible to read the reversed plate!
I have the same version of firmware and my reseller told me that there is not a newer release at this time, according to the manufacturer...
My main issue is the clock running too fast (+/- 5 hours each day); is it alike with yours?

Hi,

I was not able to stop it myself too, but it's not really a problem: it's a mirror like view and may help to go rear side and park...
In case of accident, it's always possible to read the reversed plate!
I have the same version of firmware and my reseller told me that there is not a newer release at this time, according to the manufacturer...
My main issue is the clock running too fast (+/- 5 hours each day); is it alike with yours?

My time seems to be correct, but I feel like the HD isn't real HD. I can barely read the plates in my video.

Back