Idea for "false" impact alerts upon entering car during parking mode.

AdamHLG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I needed to turn off push notifications for impact alerts because I would receive alerts every time I opened and closed my door upon returning to my car. Makes sense I guess but there must be a better way.

I think the driver phone should connect via Bluetooth and once there is a connection the impact push notifications don't get sent. This way the camera knows the driver is near the car so it will assume no impact alerts needs to be sent. Maybe delay the push alert for 60 seconds to sense if the Bluetooth connection is present.

I realize there is no Bluetooth in the camera. Maybe it can be added for next year's DR1000S or whatever it is called when we get 8K cameras lol.

Just an idea.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The G-sensors are too sensitive. I have them set to the lowest and almost all drives are registered as events. They need to address this issue. I have disabled 2 of the 3 G-sensors with the active one set at 1 and still most of my drives are recorded as events.

Thats the problem with 99.9% of dashcams ( too sensitive G - sensor settings ) if you want to get a chance to dial it in sort of okay you need to be able to enter custom trigger values for the G - sensor like it is / was possible to do for Lukas dashcams.

The idea with the BT to "unlock" the camera are a good one (y)

The only thing i would use for parking mode are G - sensor, and maybe down the road sound trigger.
in the end on my Lukas i gave up having G sensor on while driving, really no need for that when you record all the time anyway and i am sure small or big events you will remember, so really the locking of such things are only needed if you use a extremely small memory card.
In which case just using the manual lock button are better, no false hits there, only if you get knocked up really bad and pass out will this not work, but then always recording have the event and car automatics or rescuers should turn off car so no chance of it getting overwritten.

Back