If only this person had a dash cam and we could see the video from inside..........

Don't understand that, she surly had both feet on the ground before the brake lights went off and it seems rather rapid acceleration for not having a foot on the throttle!

You can never trust autonomous cars. even when they are not supposed to be autonomous!

Don't understand that, she surly had both feet on the ground before the brake lights went off and it seems rather rapid acceleration for not having a foot on the throttle!

You can never trust autonomous cars. even when they are not supposed to be autonomous!
Some people were saying she left the car in Drive, then got out. Seems plausible, though I agree there's a brief interval between her getting out and the car taking off.

Faulty transmission?

going by the way she was shuffling down the driveway it looks to be quite steep, once it got going momentum was going to do its thing

I think she had her foot on the brake as she got out, releasing it only when she got balanced on her left leg. The impact sensor cut the fuel pump as it crashed over the berms but it was going pretty good by then.

Phil

this is common acceleration problems with Toyota and Lexus !

this is common acceleration problems with Toyota and Lexus !
I remember in the first Lexus IS200 back in the early 2000s that once had an issue where the drivers floor mat edged far enough forwards and when you put the accelerator pedal down it would stick all the way and leave the car with the throttle pushed all the way down.

When it happened to me I remember it whizzing along on the speed limiter while I tried to work out what to do - luckily dropping it out of gear and letting the car slow down and just bounce off the rev limiter got me out of a sticky situation while I worked out what was going on and pulled the floor mats backwards to release the pedal just before I hit a long corner.

I was lucky as it was a long straight road back then - the road from Nottingham to Langley Mill past Ikea whereas now there are speed limits and roundabouts on there which I'd have had no chance with.

I got home, got new pants and then ordered new floor mats with new carpet holders.

Back