If you are an android programmer, please help me make my actioncam a webcam

Cool

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have an amba-based actioncam whose name I won't mention because google shouldn't connect it to this page. I found out how to use it as a webcam:
  1. Connect to the camera via wifi of your phone.
  2. Start the phone app
  3. Connect to your camera
  4. Once the image shows, quit the app
  5. Connect with your computer's external wifi adapter(router doesn't work so easily) to the camera
  6. Enter rtsp://192.168.42.1/live in splitcam
  7. Use the stream - in skype etc.
I want to skip 1. to 4. which are necessary, because the camera does not immediately send the stream only after the app does something to it. The camera support was of no help, they even said that streaming to the computer was impossible, so I downloaded the apk and disassembled it. I see how the app connects in the source code, but I cannot see, which commands it sends beforehand, which I would have to emulate in software on my computer. Can you have a look at the attached source code and tell me?

You can find the disassembled file here. (Virustotal scan)

Don't everybody speak up at once.

Don't everybody speak up at once.
There's a very real possibility that in the 99 minutes between your first and second post nobody who's seen this thread has any useful information for you. An even stronger likelihood is there are not very many Android programmers on this forum so most people haven't even read your first post because of the title.

Cool. Where would you go to with this question?

Actually thanks for this idea. Maybe it works for me... I don't know why you're attacking the app and not the camera fw.

Back