If you considered the A129 Pro...

speedlever

Reaction score
I'm curious what convinced you to buy the A119v3?

Price alone? (only about $60 difference at the moment)

Price a little but the clarity of the picture I think is sharper compared to the A129 Pro
Take a close look

And they are many other videos comparing the two cameras on YouTube
A119 V3 VS A129 Pro

Here is a link to search

Price a little but the clarity of the picture I think is sharper compared to the A129 Pro
Take a close look

A119 V3 VS A129 Pro

Here is a link to search

Thanks. I've seen some of those. What I don't see is comments about the need for extra cooling for the A129 Pro (active fan) and whether that might be an issue down the road when it's summer and has been parked outside for a while. Also, the usefulness of the Wifi the A129 Pro has since the A119v3 does not. Might be something I would rarely use, but not having it, I may be missing a use case I haven't thought of.

And the different control layout between the two. Is all this enough of a difference to justify a $60 premium? Now while $60 won't make or break the bank, I still like to spend my money wisely and get value for my money. No need to overspend for fluff that has limited usefulness.

Thanks. I've seen some of those. What I don't see is comments about the need for extra cooling for the A129 Pro (active fan) and whether that might be an issue down the road when it's summer and has been parked outside for a while. Also, the usefulness of the Wifi the A129 Pro has since the A119v3 does not. Might be something I would rarely use, but not having it, I may be missing a use case I haven't thought of.

And the different control layout between the two. Is all this enough of a difference to justify a $60 premium? Now while $60 won't make or break the bank, I still like to spend my money wisely and get value for my money. No need to overspend for fluff that has limited usefulness.

Extra cooling lol. It has been said that being a 4K it generated more heat and has a built in sensor for high temp and will shut down to protect itself.
I live in Arizona where it gets very hot in the summer 114 degrees and I have has a batteryless A119s V2 for many years and still going strong.

Than is also why I bought a NEW A119 V3 for another vehicle. It also has no battery to explode under the hot windshield.
I was talked out of buying a A129 Pro just because of the battery and the higher than normal temps of the camera.
Secondly I still believe the A119 V3 has a clearer picture than the A129 Pro and a lot cheaper for 1 camera and none of the wasted bells and whistle most people never use and turn off.

Take a close look

A119 V3 VS A129 Pro

Here is a link to search

I think you are mistaking the A119 Pro with the A129 Pro. a HUGE difference in picture quality. Those video comparisons you are pointing out are not addressing the A129 Pro at all.

Which battery? It has capacitors

Sorry I was talking about another camera I was considering Garmin 56 which has a battery.
The A129 Pro does have Capacitors..
I still think the picture quality is better on the A119 V3

Sorry I was talking about another camera I was considering Garmin 56 which has a battery.
The A129 Pro does have Capacitors..
I still think the picture quality is better on the A119 V3
The A119 V3 is a great solid camera with very good picture quality at a good value, but when it comes to a greater detail in day time, the A129 Pro is ahead of the V3. When it comes to night time footage, the V3 does a better job. a good way to see the difference is to watch the footage on a 4k capable computer display or a 4k tv

I'm curious what convinced you to buy the A119v3?

Price alone? (only about $60 difference at the moment)

Image quality.

Viofo A119 V3, even with less pixels, has better image definition than A129 Pro.

I was waiting for something like A119 V3 Duo. When finally the A129 Pro was released and I watched the comparative videos, I was very disappointed. In the videos, the license plates are much more legibles in A119 V3 than in A129 Pro.

Image quality.

Viofo A119 V3, even with less pixels, has better image definition than A129 Pro.

I was waiting for something like A119 V3 Duo. When finally the A129 Pro was released and I watched the comparative videos, I was very disappointed. In the videos, the license plates are much more legibles in A119 V3 than in A129 Pro.

Yes each camera has its advantages and disadvantages.
So whatever you all choose is great.
Dash Cams are like Apples.
They are apples but have different colors, taste and uses.
So do the Dash Cams. LOL

Attachments

• apples.jpg
    apples.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Image quality.

That's one video I hadn't seen before. Pretty convincing. But I have to wonder if viewing on a 1080p monitor affects the comparison?

Still, those popup images of the license plates was surprising with the differences shown between 2k and 4k dash cams. Looks like I might as well save the $60 and stick with the A119V3.

Of course the A119v4 and A129v2will come out as soon as I place an order. ;)

That's one video I hadn't seen before. Pretty convincing. But I have to wonder if viewing on a 1080p monitor affects the comparison?

Still, those popup images of the license plates was surprising with the differences shown between 2k and 4k dash cams. Looks like I might as well save the $60 and stick with the A119V3.

Like I wrote in another thread Dash Cams are like Apples.
Only you can select the one you want to eat or use.. lol

Attachments

• apples.jpg
    apples.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 6
Some applies I prefer to others because of taste. Dash cams are not so easily distinguished! And besides, apples are relatively inexpensive to buy and toss, if I find I don't like a particular variety. ;)

I don't think so. Even considering the rescaling and change of format when uploading it to YouTube the difference in quality is obvious.

That video is not mine. There are other videos comparing these cameras and the A119 V3 wins too (in image quality).

I was in the same position as you deciding between the same camera models.

For me, the most important thing is the quality of the moving video, not the static, because it's the way accidents really occur.

4K sounds very attractive, but the reality is that the quality of the video in practice is affected by many factors. The two-camera motion video needs a lot of processing power, a very high bitrate and a high write speed by the microSD card to simultaneously record the two video streams. I think that due to these factors have had to sacrifice some video quality of the A129 Pro: 4K + 1080 data streamings at the highest level of video detail would be a lot of information to process and write on the same microSD card.

My initial idea was to install two A119 V3 (front and rear), but I think it is an excessive power consumption in parking mode. Finally I decided to buy a single A119 V3, which should arrive soon from China.

Sorry if my English sounds strange, it's not my mother tongue.

For me, the most important thing is the quality of the moving video, not the static, because it's the way accidents really occur.

Got to agree :)

My V3 does everything I want of it and I wonder how hard the 4K A129 Pro is on SDCards given that they seem to be the weakest link.

I don't think so. Even considering the rescaling and change of format when uploading it to YouTube the difference in quality is obvious.

That video is not mine. There are other videos comparing these cameras and the A119 V3 wins too (in image quality).

I was in the same position as you deciding between the same camera models.

4K sounds very attractive, but the reality is that the quality of the video in practice is affected by many factors. The two-camera motion video needs a lot of processing power, a very high bitrate and a high write speed by the microSD card to simultaneously record the two video streams. I think that due to these factors have had to sacrifice some video quality of the A129 Pro: 4K + 1080 data streamings at the highest level of video detail would be a lot of information to process and write on the same microSD card.

My initial idea was to install two A119 V3 (front and rear), but I think it is an excessive power consumption in parking mode. Finally I decided to buy a single A119 V3, which should arrive soon from China.

Sorry if my English sounds strange, it's not my mother tongue.
Thanks for that perspective. Your English is excellent and I would never know it's not your mother tongue!

I don't have any interest in a 2 camera setup. Right now my truck sits in a garage and there are times it won't get driven for days at a time. Is there an easy way to enable/disable the parking mode? I really don't need parking mode recording while it's parked in my garage and running the battery down.

Also, what's the difference between the 3 wire acc kit and the USB wire kit? They both look like they do the same thing, except the 3 wire is the one you need for the parking mode to work, as I understand it.

You could get into the menu and enable/disable the Parking Mode.
The HK3 hardwire kit adds ACC detection, which means the camera will turn to the parking mode automatically when the engine is switched off, while the camera turns to normal record when the engine is switched on.
If the Parking Mode is disabled, it will turn on/off while the car engine is turned on/off.

The V3 video quality can be better with HDR support in the next version. The Pro 4K version is still better in the daytime.

The V3 video quality can be better with HDR support in the next version. The Pro 4K version is still better in the daytime.

What do you mean by the above? A new v4 or are you talking about a firmware update?

Back