If you disconnect your cam a lot

JDtime

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo Mini, Viofo WM1, Blueskysea b1w, Vantrue X1
If you disconnect your cam a lot get one of these magnetic micro usb adapters. I didn't want to leave the cam in the car when temps get super hot but I also dont want to wear out the micro usb slot either from constantly unplugging and plugging. Also works well if you are switching cam between cars. I've been using this for about two weeks and it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B076QCC3CP

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 19
Nice, although people manage to plug their phones into micro USB charging cables every day for years without them wearing out.

Nice, although people manage to plug their phones into micro USB charging cables every day for years without them wearing out.

All im going to say is those phones are built to last and go for $800 or so.. I dont think the cam will hold up as well just saying. Damn good vid from the camera though I am happy with it.

I actually like your idea OP, however, that means we have to spend more money LOL. But good idea, I like it! It's useless for cameras with WIFI. It's nice for VIOFO cams though. I can't think correctly whether VIOFO A119/S/Pro uses micro or mini.

All im going to say is those phones are built to last and go for $800 or so.. I dont think the cam will hold up as well just saying

Another consideration is that this is a forum full of Dash Cam folks ... which I dare say tend to lean towards precaution and being prepared for the worst rather than the alternative ----> she'll be right mate/neglect and suffer the consequences ... so anything that may extend the life of our security ---> Dash Cams - is definitely worthy of bringing to our attention for consideration.

I had mentioned that I use this on off switch in another thread for turning my Viofo on and off instead of using the button on the camera itself. It really doesn't help much if you also want to physically remove the camera like the OP does, in that case, the magnet idea is good. But I wanted to mention it for those who may want an easy way of turning the cam on and off without messing with the camera.

adXnneX.jpg

img_5476-jpg.37842

I actually feel my USB port on the B1W are loose, but i have also noticed that's just with the cable in the car, the one i have on my computer table have a slightly different designed plug ( the plastic ) so it feel much more snug.
Still i have not had my B1W come un-powered, but i feel like that might happen if i go down a longer dirt road, not least as i use the camera now ( cabin camera ) where i do have a few CM of wire between the sun visor over which the wire run and the camera glued to my mirror stalk.
cabin.jpg

Back