If you had it to do over again, would you purchase the 900?

I was close to moving from my DR650 to the DR900 but in view of all the issues.. thanks to the feed back from this forum (y).. will sit on the fence for a while. The best thing about the Blackvue line is the form factor.. and that... is what is keeping me interested in the line. My DR650 1ch has a few issues that annoy me, a firmware upgrade changed the proximity button from "record audio" to "record event" (n) the GPS feature is hit and miss (n) and.. the lack of true WiFi forcing me to use their "cloud" which I have always thought a goofy idea.

Yes! Registration plates are clearer and the 5G is a significant improvement. With the 750S I couldn’t read the reg plate of the cars parked on the other side of the street which I was disappointed by - after all, they’re not cheap!
Yes the 900 is more money but at least it will read the plates on the other side of the street which was my minimum expectations of a dash cam. I’ve just received my 128GB card this morning. Tempted to burn the 16GB with all the frustration it caused. At last I feel I’m getting there. Battery next.

Back