ignition camera start unreliable

pat22

Reaction score
Country
United States
The camera seems to have trouble automatically recording when I start my ignition. I had my Mobius 2 hooked up for about 3 years in the same exact conditions. I can't remember the mobius 2 ever having this issue with hundreds of starts. I would say the maxi works correctly about 65% of the time over the last couple of months. When I see its not on I have to reconnect the usb and it starts fine. Both great cameras but I hope a software update will add reliability to the maxi. Is anyone else having this problem?

Try '2 seconds' instead of 'immediate'.

This seem to strike at randon, i have the same "issue" with a camera from a brand where it never been needed to use boot delay before, but now it are with a newer model at least.

So far my mobius maxi have not missed a beat ( not using boot delay on that one )

PS. i drive a gasoline car, so it cant be some diesel preheat issue.

Thanks for the reply. I will set it to 2 second delay even though I have a capacitor. I’ve been using the mobius as a dash cam on a motorcycle for years. These cameras have worked great and I have saved many clips from the road. To your point Kamkar1 of random... When I try to get the maxi to fail in the garage to find a fix trick, it of course works flawless Thanks

Last edited:
I also have the battery in my maxi, haven't gotten around to order the capacitors for it yet. :oops:

Hello.

I'm in the same boat almost.

Purchased a MAXI to replace a MOBIUS V3 - set-up as an in-car dash cam.

With my V3 I have it set to "auto record with ignition" which works like a dream. After spending part of my evening configuring to MAXI and testing in the car. When I turn the ignition on, the MAXI powers on, bleeps and instantly goes into "Stand-by mode" with a solid Yellow LED. To get the MAXI to start recording, I have to physically press the camera button - which is not what I want the MAXI to do.

Anyone figured out the correct configuration to use on the Mobius Desktop program?

Many thanks to all.

Hello.

I'm in the same boat almost.

Purchased a MAXI to replace a MOBIUS V3 - set-up as an in-car dash cam.

With my V3 I have it set to "auto record with ignition" which works like a dream. After spending part of my evening configuring to MAXI and testing in the car. When I turn the ignition on, the MAXI powers on, bleeps and instantly goes into "Stand-by mode" with a solid Yellow LED. To get the MAXI to start recording, I have to physically press the camera button - which is not what I want the MAXI to do.

Anyone figured out the correct configuration to use on the Mobius Desktop program?

Many thanks to all.
You also posted this issue to the Maxi Support thread and seem to have solved the problem. Is everything working OK now?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Mobius Maxi 5
kamkar Mobius Maxi 95
Back