I'm being followed

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
I got an alert this week that someone is now following me. I don't really like the idea of being followed, but I don't know if I have a choice.

Is there an option in the privacy settings or preferences to prevent other members from following me, as I can't find it? Neither can I find a list of who is following me, although there is a list (empty) of who I am following.

out on a limb here, but could be someone here is interested in what you have to say, and want’s to see your posts

yeah I'd think it's the equivalent of bookmarking something you're interested in so that you can more easily find it when you come back

Quite a few of my followers for years now are Chinese manufacturers, some of whom offer me products to review. I see that of the two followers you have Tony, one of them is also a Chinese manufacturer.

I think someone follow me too, i don't follow any people in this way as i find it strange, but it is the way "kids" do things today.
I do follow some people on youtube, but not via their follow system i just bookmark their channel and then visit some times to see if they have posted some new stuff.
+100 people are following me on youtube, and i have no idea why. :)

out on a limb here, but could be someone here is interested in what you have to say, and want’s to see your posts
Fair enough, I suppose. I chose to follow (watch) threads because the subject is interesting, irrespective of who is posting.

I don't need a notification every time @jokiin replies to someone. I already know he doesn't sleep because he's always here!

Quite a few of my followers for years now are Chinese manufacturers, some of whom offer me products to review. I see that of the two followers you have Tony, one of them is also a Chinese manufacturer.

a lot of mine are Chinese factories also, some I guess that just watch, others I get the 'can I be your good supplier' messages from time to time, I get the notification but just ignore them, hadn't actually looked at the list until today if I had guessed I would have thought it was about 30

Fair enough, I suppose. I chose to follow (watch) threads because the subject is interesting, irrespective of who is posting.

I don't need a notification every time @jokiin replies to someone. I already know he doesn't sleep because he's always here!
yeah if followers get notifications when you post I must drive some of them nuts :p

ditto

If I followed all the people here I like, I'd never have time to read the posts of everyone else. Anyone following me would likely die from boredom :ROFLMAO:

Phil

If I followed all the people here I like, I'd never have time to read the posts of everyone else. Anyone following me would likely die from boredom :ROFLMAO:

:):):):):):)

Some of my followers i recon would call for the paddy wagon, if they only knew my address. :p

Back