I'm intrigued.....F9 - VIDEO ADDED

Chad

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS9000/F9 (junk)/F900L/V2000GS/V5000GS/Panorama 2s/Mobius
**UPDATE** I was able to get my hands on a sample video. Notice the 'double image' down the center of the screen . . . I guess thats a software processing issue where it 'welds' the two images together?? Make sure to switch the quality to 1080HD in youtube.

http://youtu.be/t7zFVL_ldQs

This looks interesting...never saw it before. Anyone have any experience with this unit???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wide-Angle-Lens ... 5653c878ac

5960bde2121f787dad330f4abaa1feed_zps86bad850.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I'm intrigued.....F9 ??

I LIKE it .... Hmmmmmmm to buy or not to buy.

Chad said:
I LIKE it .... Hmmmmmmm to buy or not to buy.

someone has to go first :) I can't help thinking though the software might still be a bit buggy

Product Description
Features:
* Convenient to use and install, specially designed for car
* Screen: 2. 7 inch LTPS TFT LCD
* Lens: 230 degree super wide angle
* Pixel: 1.2MP* View of angle: 180 degree (horizontal)
* Main chip: NT96632
* Resolution: 1080HFD (1920*544), 720P (1280*720)
* Digital zoom: 8
* Memory: DDR2 16MB
* Video compression: H.264
* With G-sensor
* Support TF card up to 32G
* Languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Germany, Italian, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Korean
* Support HDMI, AV-out (Mini USB)
* Image format: JPG
* Video: AVI
* TV output: NTSC/PAL
* Mini USB: Date transfer, webcam
* Support seamless recording, motion detection and file recovery
* Support night vision with six IR lights
* Can display date and time
* Interface: HDMI/USB 2.0/TV-out
* Power: Rechargeable Li-ion battery (Included)
* Color: As shown in the pictures

Package included:
1* Car DVR

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll have a crack if it has a 5mm Cmos Sensor...

I only found two sellers that carry it so far....I asked both for a sample video. I will post here if they get back to me.

Is that 1.2 MP only for still images? Does that affect video quality? I really like the design and idea of this camera. I do agree, however, about the software. My finger is reeeeealy itching to hit that buy it now button. :twisted:

jokiin said:
Bluerose said:
Product Description

specs seem less than optimal for this functionality

What do you mean? Video quality?

Chad said:
Is that 1.2 MP only for still images? Does that affect video quality? I really like the design and idea of this camera. I do agree, however, about the software.

1.2MP maybe a typo?? possibly by design it doesn't need a high MP lens though as it doesn't do 1080 lines of vertical resolution anyway, I'd have to think the software would be a bit involved and possibly finicky about what playback software is used, some sample video would go a long way toward knowing what it's like

I would probably hold off until a bit more info comes to light, a few people have bought them already so shouldn't be long

Chad said:
My finger is reeeeealy itching to hit that buy it now button. :twisted:

you seem to be building a collection of cameras, compulsive shopper much?

Can you also ask for a photo of this camera mounted... I'd like to know the following:

• Storage media type (SDcard/MicroSD)
  • Dimensions of the camera
  • CMOS Sensor
  • Power connector (USB connection etc)
  • Processor type

**** it, I just bought one....

Will report back guys.

Very interesting camera guys. This is definitely a new camera. If it is truly 1.2MP for video, it won't be HD.

DashCamMan said:
Very interesting camera guys. This is definitely a new camera. If it is truly 1.2MP for video, it won't be HD.

Yeah, I'll test it and see -m I doubt it's HD either. Shipping is 20 days to Australia. If all else fails with quality 'll open it up and have a look.

jokiin said:
Chad said:
Is that 1.2 MP only for still images? Does that affect video quality? I really like the design and idea of this camera. I do agree, however, about the software.

1.2MP maybe a typo?? possibly by design it doesn't need a high MP lens though as it doesn't do 1080 lines of vertical resolution anyway, I'd have to think the software would be a bit involved and possibly finicky about what playback software is used, some sample video would go a long way toward knowing what it's like

I would probably hold off until a bit more info comes to light, a few people have bought them already so shouldn't be long

Chad said:

you seem to be building a collection of cameras, compulsive shopper much?

Hahaha tell me about it. I am showing good restraint...I still didn't hit the button on this one ... YET

I got replies from both sellers saying they do not have videos available yet. But claim the photos in the eBay ad are photos taken with the actual camera.

Chad said:

take one for the team and "push the dang button!"

(i hope you have seen the movie rush hour?")

lkwan78 said:
Chad said:

take one for the team and "push the dang button!"

(i hope you have seen the movie rush hour?")

Hahaha great movie! Okkkkk I couldn't wait any longer. I hit the damn button. Expected between the 28th and April 1st. Ughhhh I hate waiting!!!!

cmon chad,

Smokey: I know you want to buy it, I know this; but I'm gonna get you to push the button, 'cause it's Friday; you ain't got no job... and you ain't got s*@t to do.

cool. i just bought a dvr-207. and i have another two week wait for my sleep analysis cam!

lkwan78 said:
cmon chad,

Smokey: I know you want to buy it, I know this; but I'm gonna get you to push the button, 'cause it's Friday; you ain't got no job... and you ain't got s*@t to do.

cool. i just bought a dvr-207. and i have another two week wait for my sleep analysis cam!

hahahaah you did make me push the button! I can't take the peer pressure!!!!!!!

Good choice with the 207, I was wondering which one you were going to get. I ordered two 207s the other day...still waiting for them.

Chad said:
I only found two sellers that carry it so far....I asked both for a sample video. My finger is reeeeealy itching to hit that buy it now button. :twisted:

Of course, but..... where?!?!?

Back