I'm intrigued.....F9 - VIDEO ADDED

Re: I'm intrigued.....F9 ??

dirkzelf said:
Chad said:
I only found two sellers that carry it so far....I asked both for a sample video. My finger is reeeeealy itching to hit that buy it now button. :twisted:

Of course, but..... where?!?!?

Where what? The sellers? I found a few more sellers on aliexpress as well as ebay. Just search "F9 DVR". I don't know if it goes under any different names besides F9. Also, I can't vouch for any of the sellers (yet)...

Re: I'm intrigued.....F9 ??

Chad said:
dirkzelf said:
Chad said:
I only found two sellers that carry it so far....I asked both for a sample video. My finger is reeeeealy itching to hit that buy it now button. :twisted:

Of course, but..... where?!?!?

Where what? The sellers? I found a few more sellers on aliexpress as well as ebay. Just search "F9 DVR". I don't know if it goes under any different names besides F9. Also, I can't vouch for any of the sellers (yet)...

yeah, sellers, found some on alibaba, no prices there though.

But the viewing angle looks very interesting.......!!

Yeah I like the wide angle too, did you notice the 'double vision' down the center of the screen at all in the video I posted? It's not really bad, but it is there.

Chad said:
Yeah I like the wide angle too, did you notice the 'double vision' down the center of the screen at all in the video I posted? It's not really bad, but it is there.

Yeah I see it when the cars turn the corner, right? Have you any price info?

Chad said:

Have you already pushed the button in question? No? Come on you know you can't help it....! Just one click.... :lol:

dirkzelf said:
Chad said:

Have you already pushed the button in question? No? Come on you know you can't help it....! Just one click.... :lol:

It's already done....I couldn't wait lol. This is where I got mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370772834476?ss ... 1497.l2649

Last edited by a moderator:
Milamber said:
I will be wacking this in the rear window of my vehicle - it would make a very good camera for rear viewing given the 230 degree view.

I made the same comment to Chad earlier that I felt it might be a good product for rear view due to the wide angle, I have a feeling that the off axis placement of the lens compared to the window may cause the image to distort, maybe a deal breaker for front cam duty if it does this but I think for rear usage where just being able to see where someone came from it might not be such a big issue (assuming it's an issue, no idea what sort of software manipulation they have going on), bit early to know but certainly interested to know how it works out

Thanks for posting the video Chad. That is definitely a wide angle, probably the widest I have ever seen. Looking forward to your reviews!

DashCamMan said:
Thanks for posting the video Chad. That is definitely a wide angle, probably the widest I have ever seen. Looking forward to your reviews!

Yeah, review it man, gotta review it.

What!?!? 2:35???? :shock: I gotta step of man, right now...... night.

Hi guys,

Found out some more on this camera. It is called the MPGIO Grandview. It appears to be a Korean camera not a Chinese one.

Note that it is 1920x540p so it is not HD.

Some manufacturer videos:

Nice find! Bummer it's not HD. You like it? I think it's going in my back window.

The chipset is Novatek.
It is HD because you can't say 1920 is SD. :lol: We have on each lens a 1.77 AR from 960x540. So 2*960x540=1920x540
960x540 is bigger than 720x480 so we can say it is HD.
And if the lens is each 1.2, we can say we have 1.2+1.2=2.4MP camera. ;)

I can say it is good as rear view camera. On front I don't like it too much because the image is very small because of the ultra-wide aspect ratio.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
The chipset is Novatek.
It is HD because you can't say 1920 is SD. :lol: We have on each lens a 1.77 AR from 960x540. So 2*960x540=1920x540
960x540 is bigger than 720x480 so we can say it is HD.
And if the lens is each 1.2, we can say we have 1.2+1.2=2.4MP camera. ;)

I can say it is good as rear view camera. On front I don't like it too much because the image is very small because of the ultra-wide aspect ratio.

enjoy,
Mtz

Good point Mtz, I figured it wasn't SD- mine should be arriving next week. I will be using it in the rear of my vehicle and keeping the FineVu CR500 at the front.

Can anyone translate the specs

5_02.jpg

Milamber said:
Good point Mtz, I also figured it was HD - mine should be arriving next week. I will be using in in the rear of my vehicle and keeping the FineVu CR500 at the front.

look forward to seeing some real results from this cam to see how this idea works out, not something I would do I think but always interested in new ideas to see what comes of them

jokiin said:
Milamber said:
Good point Mtz, I also figured it was HD - mine should be arriving next week. I will be using in in the rear of my vehicle and keeping the FineVu CR500 at the front.

look forward to seeing some real results from this cam to see how this idea works out, not something I would do I think but always interested in new ideas to see what comes of them

It is good time of the year where I live as well, cloudy days and sunny days. Should be able to get a good mix of lighting conditions. My biggest concern is whether that LCD screen turns off when the camera is active!

Milamber said:
It is good time of the year where I live as well, cloudy days and sunny days. Should be able to get a good mix of lighting conditions. My biggest concern is whether that LCD screen turns off when the camera is active!

would be a large oversight if the screen doesn't go off automatically, still see some manufacturers that do it though

what area of Aus are you in?

jokiin said:
Milamber said:

would be a large oversight if the screen doesn't go off automatically, still see some manufacturers that do it though

what area of Aus are you in?

South Australia, I reckon I had a DOD years ago were the LCD never turned off, I think it was DOD.

Milamber said:
South Australia, I reckon I had a DOD years ago were the LCD never turned off, I think it was DOD.

from memory early DOD models used to have a problem with the screen coming on randomly, think they went to requiring a button press to turn it off as they couldn't sort it in the firmware, not sure what their current models are like

never been to SA so not really familiar with the surroundings, do have people there using our cameras but haven't seen their footage

jokiin said:
from memory early DOD models used to have a problem with the screen coming on randomly, think they went to requiring a button press to turn it off as they couldn't sort it in the firmware, not sure what their current models are like

never been to SA so not really familiar with the surroundings, do have people there using our cameras but haven't seen their footage

I have uploaded several videos so far on my channel from the GS1000 and FineVu CR500 if you want to take a look

This will be were I will be uploading the MPGIO Grandview footage.

Back