I'm new, know nothing, need lots of help

DNH

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have received the new nini cam and find the instructions incomplete. First, (after installing a micro card) which USB port do I plug my wires into. I've hooked it to the computer and I get a blue screen that says "mass storage". only one button will do anything in this mode, the on/off button. Then I plugged the USB into the GPS part and see a picture but still can't get a menu or anything else by pushing the different buttons which are referred to in the instructions. I can get the pictures and video to play back on the computer by changing USB connections. I see a flashing led (red and blue, sometimes solid one or the other) but have no idea what it means as the is no reference to it in the instructions. In the "standby mode" I'm supposed to push certain buttons but have yet to see anything called or labeled "standby". Somewhere in here there is a menu to change certain things but I have to find "standby" first. I drove for five hours, it started recording after one and a half hours and quit after about 45 minutes of recording, nothing the last 2 hours. Where do I go from here?

Use a different power source and you'll be able to get it to operate more easily
You mean buy a new car...All I have is my desktop computer and my car cigarette lighter.

You mean buy a new car...All I have is my desktop computer and my car cigarette lighter.
jokiin means trying to use for example usb cell phone wall charger as power source (I guess) instead of your desktop's usb port. Then you should be able to go throug all the settings menu.

If the red LED is flashing then it is recording, if the red LED is not flashing then it is in standby. One of the buttons should toggle between the red LED flashing and the red LED not flashing.

Normally it will start recording when you give it power so to enter the menu you must stop the red LED flashing, then you are in standby and can enter the menu by pressing and holding the top right button for a long time...

Thanks for the help. It would be nice if the instructions mentioned those things. I had to try three wall chargers before I found one that would run it. Also had to change out the car charger as the one supplied wouldn't stay plugged in. I also downloaded the suggested wifi app but found it to partially work and only part of the time, not sure what good it does anyway. Would like to see what makes the picture I see in the instruction manual with the video on one side and the map on the other. Where can I find the software for that? Thanks again.

Would like to see what makes the picture I see in the instruction manual with the video on one side and the map on the other. Where can I find the software for that? Thanks again.

haven't seen the manual but it's possibly Registrator Viewer

Back