I'm not sure I know... what is the largest SD card the DR900S will take?

Omega-TI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH
I'm not sure I ever knew, but what is the largest SD card the BlackVue DR900S will take? My 128GB SD card will store 903 files, the front camera images are larger, so you cannot just divide by half and get 7.5 hours worth, it's probably more like 6 hours forward facing (I'm guessing here). I know 256GB cards will work, what about 512's?

SIZE.PNG

Given that Blackvue cams can be very picky about which cards work well, I'd hesitate to spend on a potentially unusable 512GB card unless you have another use for it where there is certainty it will work.

But then again it's the people who try such things and then share the results here on DCT that makes this site so great so don't let me stand in your way if you want to try. Here, I'll hold the door open for you :cool:

Phil

Carry a spare. If you capture something that you want/need, swap out the card. You then don't need a huge storage capacity.

I use the below Samsung 512GB in my DR900S for the past year with no issues so far. I run in highest image quality and don't want to have to worry about missing something from a prior day of driving if don't pull the card once back to house.

Samsung EVO Select 512GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 100MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME512HA)

Only $89 on Amazon

'Only' £100 in UK. That doesn't sound like qualifying for 'only' to me fore something that it is possible that my dashcam will screw up in a few weeks.
My philosophy is to treat them as consumables, and I can buy qty 5 128GB Samsung cards for that sort of money. :ROFLMAO:

Some way from 89 to 100 £ that alone could almost buy me a 128Gb card ( 13.8 £ for a Kingston canvas select plus )

Last edited:
And as 98USD is about £70, I could buy a 128 AND a 23 GB spare with that US-UK price difference (even at UK prices)

Sorry to start up this old thread again but I would like some clarification with the SD card size for my DR900S-1CH

The DR900S owner's manual states that 128GB is the max size for a 1-CH and 256GB is max for the 2CH.
I have a 256GB card in my DR900S-1CH that I recently acquired used, it seems to work fine, though I've not used it long enough to fill up completely.

Did the newest firmware update increase the SD card capacity this camera will support?

Thanks

Firmware can make changes in regard to memory cards, so it is possible.
I do not understand why they say 256 GB are fine for 2 CH but only 128 GB for 1 CH, in essence the camera are the same 1 or 2 CH just missing the rear camera, and so i would assume a 1 CH it should also be able to use 256GB cards.

In the old days 32 GB was MAX, but cheating and force formatting a 64 GB card to FAT 32 instead of the ext fat it would default format to, meant that we could use larger than specified cards in our cameras.

I have also seen others testing 512 GB and even 1TB cards in cameras and getting good results even if 256GB was the official MAX, but this are expensive so not a game i have been able to play in operating on a meager pension.

I've never updated my firmware, I've not had any footage in months worth of posting. It just sits there recording over the same boring stuff I recorded over the days, weeks and months before. It's still working as well as they day I installed all those years ago though, so I'm happy about that. I do think thought that when I finally buy another new car, I'll go with a cheaper camera because I've NEVER used any of the advanced features of the thing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tfp DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 20
Back