I'm thinking of disabling Parking Mode on my Dashcam, has anyone done this?

Warren Chrol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Nextbase 512GW and a 128gb card in it

Every week I try to empty clips and format it so that it's always fully maintained

BUT

It's always full of clips of doors being opened and closed, me locking my car with the key fob, the ****ing rain on my parked windscreen at 4am, same with the wind

I save a lot of clips manually, people messing up on the roads, on their phones or speeding and make Youtube videos but I am getting tired of the card being flooded with useless clips that I don't want.

I have tried adjusting the sensitivity, but nothing is less sensitive than a car door being closed

I would before never have considered turning it off incase someone breaks into it or steals it or crashes into it when im parked up, but I am getting annoyed with it

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?

I frequently disable parked recording when I am in a "safe location." Fortunately the cam I use (DC56) makes it very simple (press of a button)

I almost never use parking mode, far too sensitive and I don't need pictures of a leaf blowing in the wind.. but to turn it on / off (Blackvue 650) is just a switch on my PMP. Also, I rarely look at my video and never waste my time posting to Youtube or FB.

It depends solely on your ability to withstand risk and also on your local legistlation. I don't use parking mode because almost every place I park at is video monitored by a third-pary, usually the parking area / garage operator, and Here in Finland there are some legal limitations on what can be recorded and where.

If there has been no damage to your car, why do you feel it necessary to look at the locked parking files? Doing a 15 second walk-around visual inspection of your car will tell you more than your cam will so why waste the time? Just check the card enough to ensure the cam is ok and files close properly and format it ocassionally- more isn't needed unless you've noted damage or you want to see or save a specific event.

Phil

Back