iMac and blackvue viewer, can't right click files

Sharon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am trying to delete and export files through the black cue viewer. Manual says to right click and I can't do this. I have right click set on mouse on my iMac and can right click everything but nothing works on the files, I can access the same files in quick time stored on my iMac and rename but this changes nothing on the viewer. So frustrated can anyone help please?

You could always write down the name of the file as in 201417091130 and then go into the record folder and either move or delete it

Just as a last resort I guess but when I want to delete multiple files thats what I do

I never tried to manage files from within the BlackVue Viewer, just tested it and you're quite right: there's no way to secondary click, move, copy, delete or cut a file from the list in viewer (Mavericks 10.9.5 + BlackVue Viewer 1.002*).

I always do all this in Finder, in fact, before I backup some footage, I delete a fair number of files right from the card, just remember to select the all three files for a particular clip - .3gf; .gps and .mp4

* I don't use the latest version of BlackVue Viewer, as it's even worse, than the pretty rubbish one I'm on - for example there's no way to resize the window in 1.2, etc, etc. In short, Pittasoft haven't got a clue about Mac and OS X.

If you delete files on an SD card in the Mac OS X Finder they will be moved into a .Trashes (invisible) folder at the root of the SD card, and will still take up space until you reformat the card. Deleting files should be done in the Terminal app, or recursively delete the .Trashes folder in Terminal after the Finder "Delete".

If you delete files on an SD card in the Mac OS X Finder they will be moved into a .Trashes (invisible) folder at the root of the SD card, and will still take up space until you reformat the card. Deleting files should be done in the Terminal app, or recursively delete the .Trashes folder in Terminal after the Finder "Delete".

Nonsense! :eek: ... Either ⌘X or
ScreenShot2014-10-10at060445_zpsf901f333.png
will do the job.
Extremely irresponsible - advising average user to delete anything in Terminal.
By the sound of it, you shouldn't be messing with CLI either.

* I don't use the latest version of BlackVue Viewer, as it's even worse, than the pretty rubbish one I'm on - for example there's no way to resize the window in 1.2, etc, etc. In short, Pittasoft haven't got a clue about Mac and OS X.

I'm still trying all options to resize the window. I'm on a 24" iMac so the window is very tiny on my screen. At least I can do full screen but all the interface won't show up :(

I'm still trying all options to resize the window. I'm on a 24" iMac so the window is very tiny on my screen. At least I can do full screen but all the interface won't show up :(

Yup, I remember complaining that, the app doesn't remember the resized window ... What do you know - in the next version they solved the problem by removing the resize option completely! :eek: Frankly, after that, I stop checking ... still running 1.002, but hardly ever use it - DashCamViewer is my preferred app.

Back