Image Ghosting or lag?

Lmspec

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I downloaded two one minute clips and am joining them by I-movie. Do you know why the end of the video and the beginning of the new one look laggy?

Laggy? I'm not familiar with iMovie, but there is a second'ish overlap between clips, which you need to account for.

Yes some cameras have a 1 second overlap, so to deal with that you just cut off the first 30 frames / 1 second of the #2 clip, or the last 30 frames / 1 second of the first clip. ( zoom in on the timeline when you do this )

Not sure why some still do this, i dont think it is needed in 2020.
I cant ever say i have noticed something missing in the handover between 2 clips, in the old days when registrator viewer worked and my cameras did have a overlap i had RV set up to automatic remove that overlap.
But since RV are no longer supported by modern cameras you have to do that manual, no matter what i have never seen things missing, and that should also have been apparent if i removed 1 second but somehow the overlap between those 2 files was just 0.5 second.

It is not that bad to do manual once you get the hang of it and your video editor software, so even if you had like 10 clips to chain together it is pretty fast to do.
I just skip to the place between the 2 clips, then use keyboard shortcut to skip 1 frame forward 30 times, and then cut and delete that second of footage.
You can probably also do this a smarter way in some editing software, but i am not a hardcore user as such, so i just do it the simple way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 9
gordonf238 DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 20
Back