Image quality dr750s vs f800 pro

Pullar

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Still looking for a cam set up. I've watched the video comparison of the above two against the dod 500. It's video seemed a lot better but reading it's threads leaves me skeptical on its reliability. Was wondering if firmware updates have made any improvements in image quality of these two since that video was from October. Night time video is my main concern. In the video the 750 looked pretty grainy the 800 less so but seemed to have More trouble reading plates.

Headlights will burn out alot of license plates at night on the 750. The Starvis sensor is overhyped by both companies. To me the graininess of the video at night is caused by the sensor. I don't use the enhanced night vision and turn down the brighness. I would rather have darker video with less graniness. There is an option on the 750 to turn on enhanced night vision only during parking mode which I do enable.

During daytime you have to be very close to a car to see the plates (less than one car length depending on license plate and the letters/numbers).

The 750 reliability has been great for me after 5 months of ownership. No random reboots or corrupt videos. Cam always works like it's supposed to. I don'y use the cloud feature.

Headlights will burn out alot of license plates at night on the 750. The Starvis sensor is overhyped by both companies. To me the graininess of the video at night is caused by the sensor. I don't use the enhanced night vision and turn down the brighness. I would rather have darker video with less graniness. There is an option on the 750 to turn on enhanced night vision only during parking mode which I do enable.

During daytime you have to be very close to a car to see the plates (less than one car length depending on license plate and the letters/numbers).

The 750 reliability has been great for me after 5 months of ownership. No random reboots or corrupt videos. Cam always works like it's supposed to. I don'y use the cloud feature.
Thanks for the reply. I went with the dod rc500s. Hopefully I can get it installed this weekend.

Back