Image Quality Seems Blurry with Oversaturated Colors

Troop

Reaction score
Country
United States
This problem really only exists for me during the day, but I'm having an issue where the image quality seems out of focus. In addition, there seems to be an issue with colors blending together, so it makes it difficult to read license plates. Just wondering if there's any way to adjust the camera's focus or maybe lower the white balance to improve the overall image quality. At night, I don't really have these issues and can actually read license plates better from farther away. Here is a link to a few videos illustrating my issues- the night sample is much clearer than the day samples, so I'm just curious if this is normal.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!XEkDBYqL!gaajKc05EUlLCMnnHa3g2g

Thanks

Seems to be ok. I can read license plates and signs. Don't forget to clean the inside of your window, and avoid ammonia based cleaners so you don't get light refraction. Your day time video has very bright white complete cloud cover that day it seems. We have some ideas to improve daytime white balance / auto exposure correction a bit in a future firmware.

31nZTyN.png

qb1pcZO.png

ppWZN5l.png

Last edited:
Hm, yeah, it definitely looks a lot better the second time around. Maybe it was the smartphone mount? I think there was one bad video, but it was on a slower SD card (not sure if that affects anything) that made me think things were worse. I'll definitely clean my window too.

Out of curiosity, are there plans to bring some kind of manual white balance setting? The brightness tends to vary a bit where I live, especially between winter/summer.

it just takes time to work through each model, we have to work within the limitation of our resources

Understood. It's just that I perceive, rightly or wrongly, that the SGZC12RC gets less development than, say, the SG9665GC. It may be that the frequent firmware enhancements released for Mobius has given me unrealistic expectations. Hoping that the SGZC12RC gets some attention soon...

Understood. It's just that I perceive, rightly or wrongly, that the SGZC12RC gets less development than, say, the SG9665GC. Hoping that the SGZC12RC gets some attention soon...

we're addressing the lens issue as a priority, firmware is stable but there's some feature changes we're looking at and some fine tuning, some of that will need to wait until the lens is sorted anyway as lens parameters may require image quality tweaks anyway, we have several models on the boil so there's always something happening, even if it may not seem like that

Back