Image too soft on Right side of picture.

geniv

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this normal?
http://geniv.com/download/clist/DR500GW-HD-softcorner.jpg

I didn't notice this soft corner issue in some of the sample videos from youtube and such.

- I'm on latest firmware
- camera lens is clean
- car window is clean.

can the lens be "rotated" so the soft part is on the bottom? (if it is a lens problem)

returning seems like a PITA.

Attachments

• DR500GW-HD-softcorner.jpg
    DR500GW-HD-softcorner.jpg
    611.7 KB · Views: 17
Could only be rotated 180 degrees, would just be shifting the problem to somewhere else, I agree anyway, send it back, its a hardware fault you shouldn't have to deal with yourself

man. this sucks balls. I was so excited about it as it's my first dashcam. and now I have to pay extra so ship back and deal with this seller.
It's some seller on newegg with no ranking/rating. I hope I don't get the damn run around.

Well that's what you get for cutting price corners

Plenty of reputable Ebay sellers like Dreamseller and Cool guys

Shame though as most cameras are Ok

I wonder sometimes if these unknown sellers get factory seconds or similar.

Well that's what you get for cutting price corners

Plenty of reputable Ebay sellers like Dreamseller and Cool guys

Shame though as most cameras are Ok

I wonder sometimes if these unknown sellers get factory seconds or similar.

the seller is Foscam internation USA they have a good reating as a reseller on amazon.com
but I bought it through newegg where they have no rating.

so it's like a 50/50 bet. one day trun around on the email I sent them for RMA. let see how this goes.

I do not think you should have trouble. If they are good dealers on Amazon, then they will be the same on Newegg. If they resolve it to your satisfaction then be the first to give them a positive review.

just boxed up and filled out their RMA today. going to mail it out tomorrow. I find it odd. I was reading their RMA instructions and it said to ship back camera and powercord. even though the unit is new and with box and everything. isn't a rma return/exchange to normally ship everything back like how amazon/newegg does it? I don't think Foscam makes dashcam do they?

also odd they use salesforce.com to do their customer support and the RMA # they want me to use is the Newegg order #.

man learned my lesson well. no more buying from 3rd party seller off newegg. they seem to be a bunch lowlives.
the other time I order a camera lens from "47st photo" (it was a great price) and they shipped me the older model (both newer and older looks the same to the uneducated) and I end up losing $20 on return shipping.

47st photo just refunded me instead of sending me the right one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M DR500GW-HD 3
Stuart Paterson DR500GW-HD 5
M DR500GW-HD 6
C DR500GW-HD 1
L DR500GW-HD 10
Back