Dash Cam
Umpteen

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I think thats just a watermark from the photo.

Lothar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't know that Google installed speed cameras :unsure:

View attachment 62392

Must have a tie up with your government, and provide the cameras in return for you hosting all those data centres and subsidising all the electricity they use!
Or possibly this is a watermark that Google puts in random specific locations on their StreetView images.

DAP

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Two Viofo 129 PRO cameras and a Tesla Model 3 4 Channel
Big brother here are putting up more and more cameras, not least plate capture cameras.
The argument are surveillance make you safe and free.
Of course those words are out of the mouth of a social democrat.

Funny thing one of those cameras, always figure as a speed camera on the waze like APP i use on long drives,,,,,, Danes really are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Surveillance cameras make the person who controls them safer and free-er. That is not the case when the government puts them up. When the government puts them up, it becomes much easier for that government to switch to totalitarian.
You want surveillance cameras to be locally controlled by individuals where the government must get search warrants to be able to access their recordings. But this is way off topic.

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1+G3ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Viofo A229ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Blueskysea B4K
I think thats just a watermark from the photo.
It was a copyright 2022 message, for some reason only applied over the sign.

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Well if they had outsourced to google too, it would not surprise me, Danish politicians are notoriously famous for taking the wrong decisions.
I mean we hated communism like the next guy, but we now have a more communal - social society / successful society than any communist nation ever had.

Today the great belt bridge have been blocked for hours, the saying is " rescue operation " if so it would have been the first jumper from that bridge.
Generated 9 km long ques of cars.

Though the parliament election a week ago,,,,, a government have not yet been formed, but it is the horrible former PM thats in charge of forming a new government, and the social democrats also got the most votes of any party here.

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
It was a copyright 2022 message, for some reason only applied over the sign.
No, they are scattered throughout the image. The one on the sign just happens to be more obvious. Here's one on the guard rail.

G-Watermark.jpg

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Well Denmark are pretty de valuated by now, maybe google have snagged up the country in a clandestine secret property deal, and we 6 million Danes are now test rabbits.

I better get my tin foil hat out after my bath.

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Well Denmark are pretty de valuated by now, maybe google have snagged up the country in a clandestine secret property deal, and we 6 million Danes are now test rabbits.

I better get my tin foil hat out after my bath.
Looks like they might be putting a claim on FedEx trucks in New York as well.

G-Watermark2.jpg

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
They are apparently copyrighting the photograph as a work, not the subject of the work. And due to the sheer volume of such images from Google these images are likely under unregistered copyright protection rather than registered copyright which offers enhanced legal protections.

So, for example a photojournalist capturing a newsworthy image of a FedEx truck might claim copyright to the image, but he (or the publication he works for) does not claim copyright to the FedEx truck or logo, which would also be under trademark protection along with copyright protection.

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
They are apparently copyrighting the photograph as a work, not the subject of the work. And due to the sheer volume of such images from Google these images are likely under unregistered copyright protection rather than registered copyright which offers enhanced legal protections.

So, for example a photojournalist capturing a newsworthy image of a FedEx truck might claim copyright to the image, but he (or the publication he works for) does not claim copyright to the FedEx truck or logo, which would also be under trademark protection along with copyright protection.
What's kind of interesting is the watermarks only show at certain zoom levels. Zoom in or out far enough and they don't show. In this one they are very obvious in the sky but as you zoom in/out and scroll around some (but not all) of them will disappear. Definitely something that's applied dynamically in real time.

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
What's kind of interesting is the watermarks only show at certain zoom levels. Zoom in or out far enough and they don't show. In this one they are very obvious in the sky but as you zoom in/out and scroll around some (but not all) of them will disappear. Definitely something that's applied dynamically in real time.

That's very interesting. It seems as if the intention is to ensure that no matter what screen size or zoom level you view the image there is no circumstance where the copyright notice does not appear. You do see it even if it does disappear.

Last edited:

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
@viofo please make global shutter camera ty

I don't think the Pregius sensors are yet available in a size and affordability to make them suitable for consumer dash cams but given some time I believe we are very likely to see it happen. If any camera developer is likely to introduce a global shutter dash camera to the market @viofo will probably the one to do it.

Edit: Pregius sensors are in their fourth generation and more sizes have been introduced but so far they seem to be optimized for C-mount lenses rather than the S-mount lenses (M-12) we have in our dash cams.

Last edited: