Impact Detection

s0ldier89

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok.. so all is working ok apart from this. Sensitivity is set to low but yet it does the three beeps (and records into safe file) when going over the tiniest of bumps.. but yet weirdly enough hit a pothole sometimes and it doesn't even go off which cracks me upo_O Anyone else have this? Also if manufacturer reading this can you do something about the parking mode? Far far too sensitive. Or just mine? On 3.3 by the way.

every vehicle is different (chassis design, suspension, wheels/tires, etc) so it's not possible to calibrate the G-sensor to be perfect for everyone. for example - in mine, even on the high sensitivity setting, it never goes off - the only files in the RO folder are the ones where i pressed the /!\ button.

can you give more detail on the parking mode complaint though? not sure what you mean.

With regards to the parking mode.. its really sensitive.. rains.. records.. windy.. records... I have it hardwired with a power cutoff.. but yeh.. tis rather sensitive.

With regards to the parking mode.. its really sensitive.. rains.. records.. windy.. records... I have it hardwired with a power cutoff.. but yeh.. tis rather sensitive.
That sounds more like motion detection, not g sensor. In all those situations there will be movement in the frame so it starts recording.

That sounds more like motion detection, not g sensor. In all those situations there will be movement in the frame so it starts recording.

Could you elaborate some more in your opinion and not others

Could you elaborate some more in your opinion and not others

The way I understand parking mode is that if the camera doesn't see any motion for a certain time, it switches to time lapse (low fps) mode, then when it sees something it switches back to normal recording. I've installed the new 3.3 firmware on my v1 a119 and even my pre production a119, but haven't had a chance to review footage since then. Been super busy at work. But I've been reading these threads about it so I think I understand how it works, and my understanding is that even in parking mode, the only thing the g sensor is used for is locking files. It's not used to start or stop recording.

G-sensor is used in Parking Mode (the menu setting) and under certain conditions, usually when the car is parked, the firmware changes the G-sensor setting to "High Sensitivity", but it should switch back to the User's setting {Edit: eventually.} If operating in Parking Mode (the menu setting) and you are getting unwanted Event (emergency) recordings, check and reset if necessary your G-sensor menu setting. Here's a short summary of the Parking Mode (the menu setting) operation: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-parking-mode-new-beta-feature.29382/page-6#post-357938. {Edit: The term "quite period" means 1.5 minutes of 1) no motion detected in the camera field of view (FOV) and 2) no camera (hence car) movement sensed by the G-sensor.}

Last edited:
Back