Impact when Parked -- what should happen?

felixdd

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
New to the world of capacitor-based dashcams. My previous one (G1W) was battery-based. When my car is parked and it detects movement or when the G-sensor is tripped, it starts recording.

My current setup is A119V2 on GPS mount, plugged into cigarette lighter via USB with supplied adapter.

I'm trying to simulate a parked incident by shutting the car off, then rocking the car back and forth. The camera does not turn on.

Would the capacitor not hold a charge to capture this event? Or is the camera not "off" long enough to turn back on? Or am I misunderstanding the function of the capacitor in this camera?

New to the world of capacitor-based dashcams. My previous one was battery-based.

When my car is parked and it detects movement or when the G-sensor is tripped, it starts recording.

My current setup is A119V2 on GPS mount, plugged into cigarette lighter via USB with supplied adapter.

I'm trying to simulate a parked incident by shutting the car off, then rocking the car back and forth. The camera does not turn on.

Would the capacitor not hold a charge to capture this event? Or is the camera not "off" long enough to turn back on? Or am I misunderstanding the function of the capacitor in this camera?
The capacitor in the A119 (and all other capacitor-based dashcams) only stores enough charge to power the camera for a few seconds - long enough to save the last video file that the camera was writing as you turned off the ignition.

If you want to record anything whilst parked, you will need another power source for the camera. Typical options are to hard-wire to your car's battery, or use a portable powerbank.

Reactions: Mtz
If I have a portable power bank that has pass-through charging (and i guess this applies to being hard-wired as well) but how do I set it so that it turns off when the car is parked, and turns back on when an event occurs?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gibson99 A119 9
s0ldier89 A119 6
Back