Impatient Driver Causes Crash

balikbayan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A118 - A118C - A118C
Keep an eye on the Chrysler 300 in part 1 and part 2. Driver has 3 kids in child seats in the back. Driver was just driving from traffic court after paying a traffic violation for speeding. I gave the links to both parties to submit to insurance.

Note: Intersection of Decoto and Paseo Padre has a red light camera. Driver entered the left turn lane during a red light, then suddenly appears on video again traveling Paseo Padre. Driver possibly might be looking at a "red light" violation too.

Front and rear cams are B40 A118C

Part 1

Part 2 Accident at 2:30 min into the video.

That is Paseo Padre/Fremont Blvd. I was passing thru on the same street corner today.

Every time I see one of those Chrysler 300 or Chargers, I avoid them. Always driven by d bags.

I am familiar with Paseo Padre Parkway - and I also think this is at the PPP / Fremont Blvd intersection.... I don't believe there is a "No Turn on Red" sign for that Right Turn movement. Without that sign, on a RED light the driver would have to STOP BEFORE the crosswalk (allowing a yielding moment for pedestrians) then move forward PAST the crosswalk and WAIT for a clearing in the Decoto oncoming traffic (hence the YIELD sign) and merge when safe. Really its the same as though it was a standard 4-way intersection.

A common problem is that the first driver may be "over-cautious" and just stop and wait for the signal to change - no crime there... however, the car behind (the Chrysler) could also be looking over her shoulder for the same oncoming traffic (BIG mistake here), may not "see" any conflicts requiring a yield, and then just ASSUME the lead car is on its way.... causing a roll tap into the car ahead. I've seen similar accidents, but much worse as the second car (who is only looking back and not forward as well) actually accelerate into the first stopped/yielding car...

I agree the Chrysler (in addition to the cause of the accident) appeared to not stop prior to the crosswalk (she really didn't appear to stop AT ALL) - which would be a red light violation. A "California" stop (braking but not achieving a complete stop) is illegal in California.

Back