Impatient driver nearly hits kids on footpath

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
Why wait in line like everyone else? Just mount the kerb and race down the footpath barely a few inches from some schoolkids

Screenshot_20201126-231156-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20201126-180114-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20201126-175708-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I would fire that off to the police website where you can upload idiot drivers, not too sure of the address but google it as you clearly have the plate.

I filed a full report with the Metropolitan Police last night, and received confirmation today of their notice of intended prosecution against the driver.

Well done to the Met for keeping us informed, it is important to know that the system works, and seems like a reasonable result :)

Well done to the Met for keeping us informed, it is important to know that the system works
I agree. Up here in Yorkshire I've made a couple of reports and all I know is that they intended to prosecute. Although I suppose that information alone shows they value the report and the evidence supplied.

Same here, police dont even say if they will move on the info you give them, and they are even more mute if they have moved.
Danes just have to make do with assuming justice is server, there is no way of knowing unless it is a case MSM are interested in writing about.

For that reason i will never again report anyone, i have a very hard time dealing with the feelings i get from indifference and incompetence

all I know is that they intended to prosecute.
Doesn't give the same incentive to send stuff in if you last effort only might have worked.

There is a huge variation between UK police forces:
  • Many rarely do anything more than send the driver on a training course, where the police probably have friends making money out of it!
  • The Met does well, but still only acts on 45.4% of submissions,
  • Dyfed-Powys, currently my local police force, took action on a remarkable 81.3% of submissions last year, which I find a bit worrying if submissions match what we see on here, since I think more than 18.7% of videos either don't show anything illegal, or show the dashcam owner at more fault than the person they are complaining about! They also use prosecutions instead of fixed penalty like most police forces, so if you are coming to Dyfed Powys police area, be careful, we demand a high driving standard here! Of course many people won't know they are here since the name is historic, the county no longer exists, so when you arrive here you aren't warned by any road signs...
Dyfed-Powys police in Wales is the most active force when it comes to using dash cam footage, having taken action over 81.3 per cent of the videos that have been submitted to it. Some 40.2 per cent of offenders were slapped with a warning, while 18.6 per cent were prosecuted in court. A further 18.4 per cent were given a driver awareness course, contrasting just four per cent of motorists who were given a fixed penalty notice.

It was London’s Metropolitan Police, however, which received the largest number of submissions, with nearly 25,000 videos over four years put forward. It acted in 45.4 per cent of cases, issuing court proceedings to 18.9 per cent of offenders and driver awareness courses to 13.9 per cent. Fixed notices were handed to 9.6 per cent of offenders, while just 2.9 per cent of drivers received a warning.

Back