Impatient driver

Who is at fault?

• Total voters

GregStack

Reaction score
Country
United States

What happens when a driver approaches a stop sign to take a left turn onto a 2 way street, looks to the right and sees a line of cars coming, and is impatient....(oh and does not look to the left before turning)

no injuries.

cam:
SGZC12RC

How could he not have seen that. What if it had been a motorbike. Wonder what his insurance company would say if they saw the video.
See the front tyre lose all it's air when it comes back to the ground with a bang.

looked like the truck was trying to leave the scene when the video ended... and yes, i hope the f150 driver's insurance sees the video because that's practically criminal negligence.

edit: just noticed the "vote" at the top... how on god's green earth could the car possibly be at fault? it didn't have a stop sign, did it?

Last edited:
yes it did look like the truck was ready to take off, but think he was just moving out of the way....his left front tire&wheel was destroyed
I was at the window of the car when the truck was starting to pull aside, and the driver of the car thought for sure the truck was taking off,
received a letter and $25 gift card from the wife of the driver of the car, the driver of the truck was charge with running the stop and with that at fault for the accident.
video helped the driver of the car with an easy insurance claim (the car was deemed totaled)

@GregStack

Very good of you to do that with your video (y) May your consideration for others be repaid to you 1000 times over :D

Phil

If I ever witness something where my video could be used as evidence (esp in the case of a red light runner), I plan to at minimum give them my business card and tell them I have dashcam video. Obviously if there's a chance of injury, that comes first, way beyond likes/views on YouTube.

Apart from low sun making visibility dangerously hazardous, or unlit cyclists wearing black clothes at night, the people who don't see, generally didn't look

Apart from low sun making visibility dangerously hazardous, or unlit cyclists wearing black clothes at night, the people who don't see, generally obviously didn't look

There, fixed that for you :D My 5m long 2m high workvan is apparently invisible to a lot of drivers :whistle: If they can't or won't see it then what chances do you think a cyclist, pedestrian, or a child running out into the roadway would have with them? :eek: Zero chance :mad: and people like that should never be allowed to drive, yet it happens. Someone needs to tell those people that it was their job to look and to see, and that they failed that simple task so badly that they will not be allowed to drive ever again (or at least for a long time to come) ;)

Phil

That's the big problem these days, those who don't bother to look, they think it's our duty to swerve out of their way

I'm struggling to find any interpretation that doesn't put the blame squarely on the truck driver. Even if there hadn't been a stop sign, it would have still been his fault - unless the car was indicating to turn (which I don't see.) :unsure:

See the front tyre lose all it's air when it comes back to the ground with a bang.
And it was air, not nitrogen!
Shouldn't a truck tyre be able to cope with a little impact like that?
What would happen if you went over a hump back bridge a little too fast and got airborne? All 4 tyres deflate on landing!

One item i have found is by reviewing my own dashcam videos, i have found many things i need to start thinking about and some things i need get corrected.

I think it was landing while going sideways that caused the tyre bead to separate from the rim.

Looks like the truck was on the wrong side of the road ( where he was exiting from ) ...
Wow !

Back