Important quick question about Panorama G.

pionyah

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, all.

I have some question about Panorama G.
Is Panorama G made in Korea? or China?

What is the "Street Guardian"?
I have see same logo on "SG9665GM". At the box, manual book and opening screen.
"SG9665GM" is "B40/A118". Same product. Made in China.
(Pier28's youtube clip for SG9665GM:
)

An other thing, I can not found "Panorama G" in the official Powerucc website. Yes, I'm Korean. So, I do speak and read Korean. But I can not see it on Powerucc's original website.
(Official website of Powerucc: http://www.powerucc.com )

Hi, the Panorama G is on the Powerucc page but you have to click the International English link and then it comes up. The webpage is just a bit out of date is all.

http://www.pcglory.co.kr/eng/main.htm

Street Guardian is a branding of cameras from Australia - the Panorama G now carries the Street Guardian firmware with the newer releases.

The newer version of the SG9665GM is due to launch soon with different specs - the software on the cameras is different to the Chinese versions and if you read through the A118 forums you can see that there are now multiple versions of the A118 camera out there, some with G-Sensor, some without, and it's getting messy with all the different versions as you can see there are firmware problems. At least with the Street Guardian products you know what you're getting and also you get a higher quality firmware than the generic versions.

Hi, the Panorama G is on the Powerucc page but you have to click the International English link and then it comes up. The webpage is just a bit out of date is all.

http://www.pcglory.co.kr/eng/main.htm

Street Guardian is a branding of cameras from Australia - the Panorama G now carries the Street Guardian firmware with the newer releases.

The newer version of the SG9665GM is due to launch soon with different specs - the software on the cameras is different to the Chinese versions and if you read through the A118 forums you can see that there are now multiple versions of the A118 camera out there, some with G-Sensor, some without, and it's getting messy with all the different versions as you can see there are firmware problems. At least with the Street Guardian products you know what you're getting and also you get a higher quality firmware than the generic versions.
Wow, Thank you.
Actually I just looking for my second dashcam. And really interesting about Panorama G. I think it is the best all around.
Anyway, Panorama G is Korean brand, Australia firmware, product of China?

The G is Engineered in Korea, assembled in China. It's a mixed effort, the developer SungMoon has a split factory mixed between the two. The quality control is quite good.

The G is Engineered in Korea, assembled in China. It's a mixed effort, the developer SungMoon has a split factory mixed between the two. The quality control is quite good.
Thank you very much.
I'm gonna order soon.

One more question. All G is able to switch kph to mph, right? I'm going to buy on amazon in us.

They can - it's actually done from the firmware so as long as you're up to date (1.00.07) off the top of my head it's switchable between either :)

If you're ordering from Amazon that's Pier28 anyway and Jon will update it before shipping anyway so you'll be fine.

I know you had some advice about what the new SG will format and what it won't but I can't find that and it still isn't clear to me, please clarify, should I let the SG (1.00.07) format these or should I format them from exFat to Fat32 using the recommended utility on my Win7 PC? I.e., does the SG format them to 64G successfully as Fat32 or exFat?
Thanks.

Attachments

• transcent 64G sdxc.jpg
    transcent 64G sdxc.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 1
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A SGZC12SG 6
Back