IMX206 vs IMX078 Totally Confused

I wish i had that authority (I helped name the SJ5000x models) :)

Will recommend it to management.

LOL. @jokiin was being sarcastic. But, great to play along anyway.

PS: Totally unrelated, but I think you better suggest to edit the page on this http://sjcamhd.com/sjcam-m20-coming-soon/
SJCAM-M20_12.jpg

The pic clearly shown 9 images. Which means it took 9 images in 3 seconds? Can it really do that? I don't think so.
Just a little suggestion though. You guys are under heavy criticism from old-time users, and that could steer away from potential buyers in the future.
Just my 2 cents tho

you should send him a free one for review, you're likely to get better feedback from someone that is more of an enthusiast and uses the cameras as @Nathyn Masters does where he's doing a lot of editing and subjective analysis of the footage
I think we will :)

Working apps may be hard to find, or will Sjcam's work??

You are correct that there is already a fake M20 with a Fake IMX117. They adopted that name shortly after we announced the SJCAM M20.

To be honest, I am not even sure how or why Gearbest listed it when the specs where not definitive yet. We all have probably heard mixed things about Gearbest though.

Anyways, the firmware in one of our review videos shows M20+. I really do not have much more info on m20 vs m20+, but, maybe naming it M20+ would be a good move since there is already the M20.

Hope this answers your questions :)
Definitive specs??

Nice to see SJCam offering correct specifications for M20.
Two questions:
- why not called it M20+? Because you know already a no-name manufacturer created an M20 with a fake IMX117.
- why on Gearbest is advertised as 1296p?

enjoy,
Mtz
Git 2 pro looks better all the time!!

The original question was never answered. Does anyone have Spec sheets for the sensor chips?

The original question was never answered. Does anyone have Spec sheets for the sensor chips?
Open your browser and type Sony image sensor 078(or 206)
PDF.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah that was my point, they have no relationship to SJCAM

Yes, so called SJ8000 and SJ9000 are not our product. It might be imitation or other brand's product happen to have name of "SJ***".

For SJ series, the latest product we have is SJ5000X, and will have SJ6000 later this year.

Ah, okay. And low light is big deal with me. The images I'm seeing from the M20 and the Git2 are awesome, but I haven't seen the lowlight.

-Nate

Check out the new SJCAM SJ6 Legend when you get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
The SJ7 Actually has a Sony IMX117 sensor which is the same sensor that the gopro uses.

yeah that was my point, they have no relationship to SJCAM

The original SJCam SJ4000 seemed to be quite "popular" that the other companies jumped in on the "SJ" bandwagon in order to sell their camera.

yes, to the point where SJCAM stopped the 1000's, now it is SJ7 instead of SJ7000....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TonyCams SJCAM 98
Back