In park mode both cameras record constantly; anyone know why?

Roger from Orlando

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have set the park recording to be 1 minute and they constantly record so that in one hour I have about 60 recordings. What is set wrong? It does it at any sensitivity.

Have you got the sensitivity set too high? if you are using motion detection to start recordings then any movement like trees/grass in the wind or cars/people could be constantly starting recording before the time-out period of each segment has bean reached.
If its doing it at all sensitivity levels i would say there is too much movement were your parked maybe.

Last edited:
As above even a person walking 50 meters away sets mine off. Why only 1 minute, hardly worth while.

You could turn off the motion detection and just use the impact sensors.

This is Roger from Orlando. I want to thank soundesciple (see above) for his answer. I have gradually reduced the sensitivity of movement to where it only comes on if a person walks by or a vehicle moves. As suggested, I failed to consider the leaves and branches within the scope of the cameras because I did not appreciate how good these cameras are in picking up movement. I am new to this site and already I appreciate the good will and intelligence of its members.

I set my motion to 1. It'll pick up every passer buyer but I don't want to turn it off completely. Had someone steal my valve stem caps recently which was funny since they replaced my metal ones with their cheap plastic ones.

On rereading the OP do you mean you have it set to 1 minute intervals which would make sense.
The Power Magic cannot be set to that short a time.

Just the way you wrote it is a bit confusing

@Roger from Orlando. Always glad to help. I myself am only new to DCT forums but in that short time i have learnt so much from some good people who realy know how these dash cams work. (Hillbilly's your man to talk to bout the blakvue cams i think .)

Not really as I dont have any of the new ones Have a 350,400 500.

Have pulled them to bits though and gone through lots of settings and 6 different vehicle installations Including VW for which you have to be careful with.

Jokiin is the Guru in my eyes

I have the 400 mk II.

Jokiin is the Guru in my eyes[/QUOTE said:
+1 for that ^

This is Roger from Orlando. My car is a 2003 Honda Accord. The Magic pro settings are 11.8v and timer at 24 hours and then cut off. I went into settings in the windows setup/viewing software and have the recording time at 1 minute. It could be set to 1, 2 or 3 minute lengths but with it coming on a lot it made sense to me to have it at 1 minute recording time. I am still experimenting with the settings, so I would appreciate other setting suggestions. I know that there are too many variables to tell anyone else what they should do, and all that can be done is explain what kind of vehicle you have, type of roads mostly traveled and settings that work for you. On another subject, I am disappointed in the Magnification Glass described on page 31 of the larger manual for the 550 and its poor quality of picture. The zoom is adequate, but the "magnifying" is terrible. All of us should complain to BlackVue about the magnifying poor pixel level. After all, to magnify in and see a distant license plate or face of a person that has damaged your property is one of the main reasons for having these cameras. I have sent three emails to BlackVue and have not heard anything back; I think BlackVue has very poor customer service. My seller HD Video Depot has been responsive and I can compliment and recommend them. If you have not downloaded or have a link to the larger manual it is found at:

http://www.blackvue.com/en/common/d...er.3.02_140423.pdf&path=board&idx=1319&sort=0

This is Roger from Orlando. My car is a 2003 Honda Accord. The Magic pro settings are 11.8v and timer at 24 hours and then cut off. I went into settings in the windows setup/viewing software and have the recording time at 1 minute. It could be set to 1, 2 or 3 minute lengths but with it coming on a lot it made sense to me to have it at 1 minute recording time. I am still experimenting with the settings, so I would appreciate other setting suggestions. I know that there are too many variables to tell anyone else what they should do, and all that can be done is explain what kind of vehicle you have, type of roads mostly traveled and settings that work for you. On another subject, I am disappointed in the Magnification Glass described on page 31 of the larger manual for the 550 and its poor quality of picture. The zoom is adequate, but the "magnifying" is terrible. All of us should complain to BlackVue about the magnifying poor pixel level. After all, to magnify in and see a distant license plate or face of a person that has damaged your property is one of the main reasons for having these cameras. I have sent three emails to BlackVue and have not heard anything back; I think BlackVue has very poor customer service. My seller HD Video Depot has been responsive and I can compliment and recommend them. If you have not downloaded or have a link to the larger manual it is found at:

http://www.blackvue.com/en/common/d...er.3.02_140423.pdf&path=board&idx=1319&sort=0

You are learning. Realise that the picture only has so many pixels and magnifying them WONT make them better. Will only make each one larger and more blurred. Cant put whats not there.
Imagine a JPG taken on a camera then edit it and save it, it gets worse with every save. Not quite the same but a similar effect..
As far as settings are concerned the roads traveled wont make any difference except to the impact sensor.
Set it down low and it wont keep activating. If you have a smash it will still go off.
Turn the annoying beep that comes on when it activates as well.

Why do you want to see a distant plate anyway. I used to look at my videos when I first got the camera but now never bother unless something happens. Incidentally have a few days of video in Orlando in June. Nothing happened though but have a bit of video of a Porsche and a 4wd that got together rather badly down near Florida Mall LOL

It is not after all a cinemascope Hollywood epic making camera, its there if something happens and you need evidence.

I think your spot on about Blackvue customer suport, or "lack of it". I sent two emails months ago and still have no reply yet. Also a lot of people complain about the bit rate of the blackvue cameras compaired to other less expensive cameras, specially the newer ones after all the work done by users to produce custom firmware to up the bit rate.

Back