In photo mode, portrait seems vertically streched a little

BarryInAction

Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
It has been just a few days since I purchased SJ7. Normally I'm really satisfied with video quaility. It's also nice in the night.

BTW in photo mode, portrait seems a little vertically stretched. Hence (his or her)face seems a little different than original. I have thought that it could be due to wider lense. But in video mode, I can't feel it although straight line seems just a little curvy in each edge.

Can anyone explain it why this kind of pheonmenon occurs? Any calibration method in photo mode? I'm not good at camera. Please give me easy explanation.

Added to be clear:
The portrait which I mentioned is not one of scene mode but when I take a picture of a face of man or woman.

Last edited:
It has been just a few days since I purchased SJ7. Normally I'm really satisfied with video quaility. It's also nice in the night.

BTW in photo mode, portrait seems a little vertically stretched. Hence (his or her)face seems a little different than original. I have thought that it could be due to wider lense. But in video mode, I can't feel it although straight line seems just a little curvy in each edge.

Can anyone explain it why this kind of pheonmenon occurs? Any calibration method in photo mode? I'm not good at camera. Please give me easy explanation.

Added to be clear:
The portrait which I mentioned is not one of scene mode but when I take a picture of a face of man or woman.
Hello, glad to hear that your camera arrived and all is well. Can you please maybe share a picture of this issue?

Isent it cuz ANti fisheye / dewarp are not supported on pictures but only video ?

Isent it cuz ANti fisheye / dewarp are not supported on pictures but only video ?
Distortion correction is not being supported by Ambarella for the A12 chipset as it interferes with FOV, EIS...

Distortion correction is not being supported by Ambarella for the A12 chipset as it interferes with FOV, EIS...
Sorry for not providing the pictures. I was going to take a picture and video for same scene. But due to an issue, I'm waiting for exchange of SJ7.

BTW seeing other pictures, they seem natural. Maybe there is common application used for photo distortion correction?

Sorry for not providing the pictures. I was going to take a picture and video for same scene. But due to an issue, I'm waiting for exchange of SJ7.

BTW seeing other pictures, they seem natural. Maybe there is common application used for photo distortion correction?

I don't think most people use post production editors. Let us know once you get your replacement. Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alexpatrascu SJ7 69