In Stock! INNOVV K2 DUAL Channel 1080P/1080P Motorcycle Cameras, WiFi, GPS, SONY Exmor Sensors, Waterproof, Alluminium DVR Housing

That look like a hard gripping mount, and no problem with that as i see it from being a C3 owner, quite strong little camera housings.
Will these be additional mounts or will the K2 come with them instead of the C style ones we already know ?

The C style ones i also know from my C3 will probably be fine is some one should like to use the K2 as side cameras in a car, im still freaked my C3 camera havent lost its grip on the B pillar plastics as its just 50% of the tape that's engaged on the curvy back side of my B pillar.
And the C3 of mine have been bumped a few times by people getting in and out of my car back seat.

I hope it's more reliable than the K1. I've done everythign under the sun to get the damned thing record reliably and I still can't assume that it's working while I ride. Which makes it functionally useless.

I have the K1, and I had to make an extension to the clip to hold the connectors in and steady: Made from acrylic plastic, glued to the clip, painted. Works perfectly.
Fortunately, my Sargent seat has a storage box on the bottom, which, after some mods, made a perfect place to mount the K1.

XQgq4Tal.jpg
p1pPYlYl.jpg

I'll consider the K2 after I see some video samples. The one thing I don't like about the K1 is that the video quality is much worse than it was with my C3.
The K2 will have to be equal, or better than the C3 before I buy one and go through the installation again.

Last edited:
Question: If you have the GPS module connected, can the K2 keep the time and date set from the GPS? My K1 loses time and date.

I'll consider the K2 after I see some video samples. The one thing I don't like about the K1 is that the video quality is much worse than it was with my C3.
The K2 will have to be equal, or better than the C3 before I buy one and go through the installation again.

don't let the names fool you, the K2 is more closely related to the C series cameras than it is the K1, video quality is much better

K1 was using an Ambarella chipset, and they have a very limited low bitrate in Dual Channel Mode. (plus SDK is buggy, and it runs hot)
K2 is using the Novatek chipset, bit rate will be much higher. Lens quality is higher. Water proof rating is better. Sony Sensor and IQ tuning is better. Connectors are better. Novatek System Stability is top notch.
You can look at current C5 video to estimate video quality. We'll post K2 sample videos as soon as they become available.

Question: If you have the GPS module connected, can the K2 keep the time and date set from the GPS? My K1 loses time and date.

GPS will automatically set the date and time, just set the correct time zone. The APP will also set date/time as well. The PCB and components used on the C5/K2 that have to do with RTC (Real Time Clock) are higher quality too

If you carry a phone you are pretty much done for in regard to privacy, that's one of the main reasons i dont like them and only carry one now for family reasons i can not ignore.
But if it wasent for that i would now have been without a phone since the late 90ties, and when i dident have one i did not miss it ( i have less than 10 people that have my number )

Okay apps on a phone dont make it better, apps on a phone that cant easy be deleted frustrate the living hell out of me.
I generally try to use APPs needed for my camera duties to be run only on my tablet i pretty much dont use for anything serious, but some times i am forced to use my phone.

Normally wifi cameras you can control if wifi go live with power up.
I sort of wish i could drill a hole in the GPS in my phone like i have done to the RFID chip in my credit card, dont like those as i alone dont have 100% control over them.

Hello, there is a few work arounds in regards to this issue. RFID wallets for bank chips n cc chips.

Don’t want anyone to find out your 10-20? Galvanized steel tin box for Smart phones (Oxymoron IMO). ‘‘Tis life...right. No gps info in or out, means you can appear and disappear.

Regarding speeding, I was trained on this as well. To determine speed by observation, sometimes accurate but it has flaws. Nolo.com article on various flaws on speeding tickets. Title: How was your speed measured. Very well written and all the Good, Bad n Ugly of getting caught speeding.

You can watch a myriad of YouTube vids on how to fool a GPS. A Ted-X (ed) video by Todd Humphreys. Short range GPS Blockers. Watch: How to find a GPSTracker on your vehicle.
For every invention, there is always a backdoor.

I so agree with you, we don’t need “Big Brother” to monitor us.
We said no to getting chipped, so they (whoever “They are”) made it very easy with inexpensive cellphones. Yes, we paid to be monitored. Sad but true. We are living on the brink of Soylent Green (it was a movie with Charleston Heston n Ernest Borgnine, eye opening then, very close to the truth like Gattica now).

Bill Gates, yes that Bill Gates. Recently said “70 million people will die due to a Virus”. Interesting (IMO) isn’t he a nerd like me... Is he working for the CDC now?
Peace, Jules

Attachments

• 39A4C48D-4A6C-43AC-8625-88A3ED759195.jpeg
    39A4C48D-4A6C-43AC-8625-88A3ED759195.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 15
Here is a prototype sample photo of the all new metal camera holder being produced. (for both C5 and K2) It's much better than the original plastic C-clip.
The camera will be extra secure in this version, won't rotate out of place once set.
I brought home one sample piece with me when I was in China a couple weeks ago. (rubber part wasn't ready yet) Final version en route next week.
It's a solid CNC Aluminum part and will come with a 3M Backed Rubber Grommet (not shown), set screw, and 2 camera mount points. (side or tip)
I'll post a photo of the final version once they arrive.
All sellers will get some spares of this mount in case any existing C5 customers need one.

I just received 2 more samples of the new metal mount coming soon for both C5 and K2. These ones have the set screw, and rubber pad as well. Rubber washers will help with vibrations.

2018-05-07 13.41.11.jpg2018-05-07 13.41.46.jpg2018-05-07 13.43.01.jpg2018-05-07 13.43.38.jpg2018-05-07 13.51.03.jpg
2018-05-07 13.50.21.jpg

I just confirmed the 3M Rubber pad should be stuck to the inside of the mount.
The factory will be adding a thread hole on the other side to give more mount options. (both tip or side) in the final production version
They will also be adding more screws and nuts for the actual mounting to the bike so customers get everything in one ready to go package.

Frankly, I prefer the plastic C-clip mounts that came with the C3, at least for the front camera, which will mount in front of my oil cooler. Smaller, less likely to disturb airflow. The aluminum mount might better for the rear though.

Also, I don't see any option for a save segment button, which I use occasionally on my K1 when something interesting happens. One stopgap might be to find a shady area to pull over into, get phone out, and copy the file you're interested in to your phone. However, that's not a good option out on the highway if the sun is out and you can't see your phone screen.

K1 was using an Ambarella chipset, and they have a very limited low bitrate in Dual Channel Mode. (plus SDK is buggy, and it runs hot)
K2 is using the Novatek chipset, bit rate will be much higher. Lens quality is higher. Water proof rating is better. Sony Sensor and IQ tuning is better. Connectors are better. Novatek System Stability is top notch.
You can look at current C5 video to estimate video quality. We'll post K2 sample videos as soon as they become available.
Here's a video comparing the K1 rear camera with the C5.. To me, the C5 looks a bit worse, and the K1's rear quality is worse than it's front view.

The new CNC Aluminium Mount with rubber pad will keep it from spinning around and is very solid. (Edit: it will have anti-vibration properties as well) The older C-clip mount actually breaks on some people, I’ve replaced several. Some end up wrapping the whole C-clip mount in tape etc. If people want the original plastic one I’m sure I can get spares as accessories. I love the new metal one personally.

Better to post the actual raw video clips, YouTube re-compresses things too much. The combining and side by side editing can change things a bit too.

Last edited:
I just confirmed the 3M Rubber pad should be stuck to the inside of the mount.
The factory will be adding a thread hole on the other side to give more mount options. (both tip or side) in the final production version
They will also be adding more screws and nuts for the actual mounting to the bike so customers get everything in one ready to go package.

This suggests the camera hole in the hole is considerably oversized. Why not just make it so it's a snug slip fit with the clamp screw loose, and secure when the screw is tightened. It doesn't seem right to pay for all that precision machining, only to make up for a poor fit with a rubber layer.

Agreed, metal on metal is not ideal in this situation.

I would prefer the in between rubber, not so sure it will do much in regard to vibrations in a frequency range that would have a effect on footage.
But with it you should have a high friction bond / grip and if exposed to the elements you should negate most of galvanic corrosion that might otherwise occur.

The rubber pads in / on the mount screw i am sure will take some vibrations, just like they do for cameras mounted on drones.

I'm looking forward to some reviews and sample footage.

In the mean time, here's some free, unsolicited advice from a mechanical engineer: improve your mount by removing the split lock washer. Having a split lock washer is actually worse than nothing at all. Google it if you want sources; tons of info out there. If you need a spacer due to fastener length, a flat washer is a better option.

Thanks I just shared your feedback with the factory and got a response immediately. There is already another new metal mount they are testing that is even more adjustable and easier to AIM. They will revisit which final washers are used as well.

New to this board, looking to learn and thanks for all the info provided so far. Looking for a dash cam for the Harley that is not a GOPRO. I came across this K2 unit and it looks rather intresting. I do hesitate to do a preorder as on most things. I hate to be the guinea pig, but I am curious to see this product.

I have worked a little with Rockthinking on previous Innovv cameras, and i cant say any of them have been bad from the onset, also the guys that seem to pick this up and put it on their shelves seem to have high hopes for it.
So yes guinea pigs we all are now, not really a way around that any more as everyone in virtually all branches rush things to market.

O and welcome to the party @Mark1118

Back