In Stock! INNOVV K2 DUAL Channel 1080P/1080P Motorcycle Cameras, WiFi, GPS, SONY Exmor Sensors, Waterproof, Alluminium DVR Housing

OCD Tronic

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO, GitUp, INNOVV, QVIA, GUARD TRAK + More on Amazon.com
26APR2018 EDIT:

OCD Tronic USA Pre-Orders are now open for the all new INNOVV K2 (Dual Channel Motorcyle Camera)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...gitup-guardtrak-innovv-more.25881/post-402641
(Amazon Listings won't go live until later)

Coming soon! (don't have an exact ETA yet, will update this as we know more)

INNOVV K2 (DUAL Channel) 1080P/1080P Motorcycle Cameras, WiFi, GPS, SONY Exmor Sensors, Waterproof, Aluminium DVR Housing.

More details here:
https://INNOVV.cAm

As always, these will be available on Amazon and direct from OCD Tronic once mass production starts.

1524541944624.png
1524542106238.png
1524542092572.png1524542097616.png

Last edited:
I really like the connectors used on the Innovv MC cameras of lately, i think for this kind of car dashcam you need the same as i feel relying on the usual USB plugs might mean a chance of accidental disconnect.
At least you should use USB A style connector on the box, but if Innovv have already made / found good secure connectors why not use them too on a car DVR

Just noticed the camera housing, it seem like it have changed a little from the C3 i still run in my car, looks like there are 2 seals on the new camera housings.

The K2 (and C5) video cables are attached via USB Type-C connectors that also have thumb screws. (A dashcam industry first as far as I know) Very impressive and more importantly reliable results so far.

I hope it's more reliable than the K1. I've done everythign under the sun to get the damned thing record reliably and I still can't assume that it's working while I ride. Which makes it functionally useless.

I hope it's more reliable than the K1. I've done everythign under the sun to get the damned thing record reliably and I still can't assume that it's working while I ride. Which makes it functionally useless.

K1 was a rebranded product from another factory that closed. (Plastic too) The profit from this helped fuel K2 development

K2 was designed from scratch at a new factory with new engineers. Quality is way better.

I sure hope so. I desperately want something like this that I can count on. I'm going to hold off though until I've seen proof though. Once burned twice shy as they say.

Rock owns the tooling and personally designed everything to be as high quality as possible. The new CNC aluminum camera holders cost is very high for example but we all want quality. USB connectors are cutting edge very reliable type-C clamped down via water tight thumb screws and there is a send receive error correction chip on both ends. This should be the highest quality dual channel motorcycle on the market for a long time to come. The Novatek chipset is way more stable than the buggy Ambarella as well.

Last edited:
OCD Tronic USA Pre-Orders are now open for the all new INNOVV K2 (Dual Channel Motorcyle Camera)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...gitup-guardtrak-innovv-more.25881/post-402641
(Amazon Listings won't go live until later)

1524726246768-png.37700

Hi, I’ve looked it over and read about the K2. Here’s the problem in my opinion. The GPS and the WFI, being a techie, the talk on the street is about the State knowing you’re location aka10-20 n being able to mail you, your citations for speeding.

1. Having my 10-20 broadcasted out is not my idea of safety.

2. Getting cited for speeding is very common in the State I live in. If I speed up to change lanes for Tail Gatters, cause for an instant ticket. Since moving to this State. My first and last ticket in my life with over 35 years of driving. I’ve never been pulled over or ever gotten a traffic ticket before this. Officer said, “someone is going to get a ticket today” and “you pulled over”. WTH SMH

3. The officer said he was going after the Pink Mary Kay vehicle that was in front of me, but for the fact that I changed lanes to get out of his lane. Made myself an easy target.

4. I’m a retired State Diving Instructor, Licensed. They don’t care in my State, all they want is your money. My first (purchased) dash cam was awesome. Made by BlackBox.

5. How a $75.00 ticket turned into a $400.00 ticket is beyond me. I asked for a break down and was looked at like I committed a crime. Got the break down, on a 4X4 paper of what cost what. Yeah, lots of blank spaces.

This is why I’ve never bothered buying a dash cam with a GPS and WiFi. Food for thought.

6. I’ve purchased many units and have sent them back after bench testing them. I’m currently purchasing different components I’ll need for a dash cam. I’m almost there. Just need to find a way to stop the looping feature.

7. I wish it was an option and allowed to be adjusted by the purchaser/consumer. I carry 5 32 GB cards on me at all times and switch them out as needed.

8. Looping is not a good thing, I found this out in court. From another person that went before me.

No one walked out without paying on that day. Peace,
Jules

K1 was a rebranded product from another factory that closed. (Plastic too) The profit from this helped fuel K2 development

K2 was designed from scratch at a new factory with new engineers. Quality is way better.

GPS is not mandatory, can be disabled so speed/location is not ever logged if that's the preference. Even without GPS, the court can still easily determine your actual speed based on the frame per second measured against fixed objects on the screen.

WiFi isn't always on/connected, can easily be disabled if you don't use it. This doesn't have full internet cellular cloud connected services like a home security camera etc.
WiFi only does anything if you connect, and launch the app to make setting changes or view/download videos. This product doesn't have a LCD screen so best to use the app to aim the camera, make a few settings, and then it's not manditory to ever use it again if you don't need/want to.

If you carry a phone you are pretty much done for in regard to privacy, that's one of the main reasons i dont like them and only carry one now for family reasons i can not ignore.
But if it wasent for that i would now have been without a phone since the late 90ties, and when i dident have one i did not miss it ( i have less than 10 people that have my number )

Okay apps on a phone dont make it better, apps on a phone that cant easy be deleted frustrate the living hell out of me.
I generally try to use APPs needed for my camera duties to be run only on my tablet i pretty much dont use for anything serious, but some times i am forced to use my phone.

Normally wifi cameras you can control if wifi go live with power up.

GPS ? well if you are moving and it get recorded your speed can be determined easy, and pretty accurate probably more trustworthy / accurate than the GPS in the camera.

I sort of wish i could drill a hole in the GPS in my phone like i have done to the RFID chip in my credit card, dont like those as i alone dont have 100% control over them.

If you carry a phone you are pretty much done for in regard to privacy, that's one of the main reasons i dont like them and only carry one now for family reasons i can not ignore.
But if it wasent for that i would now have been without a phone since the late 90ties, and when i dident have one i did not miss it ( i have less than 10 people that have my number )

Okay apps on a phone dont make it better, apps on a phone that cant easy be deleted frustrate the living hell out of me.
I generally try to use APPs needed for my camera duties to be run only on my tablet i pretty much dont use for anything serious, but some times i am forced to use my phone.

GPS ? well if you are moving and it get recorded your speed can be determined easy, and pretty accurate probably more trustworthy / accurate than the GPS in the camera.

I sort of wish i could drill a hole in the GPS in my phone like i have done to the RFID chip in my credit card, dont like those as i alone dont have 100% control over them.
+1

Do we have a proposed delivery date yet? Really like the look of the updated kit, but will need something in the next 6-8 weeks.

Big Brother is watching/listening!

Do we have a proposed delivery date yet? Really like the look of the updated kit, but will need something in the next 6-8 weeks.

There are a few too many variables at the factory to promise an exact shipping date as of today. I think factory is aiming for June. So far so good though. I wouldn't normally open pre-orders yet, but since the factory already opened up pre-orders we followed early as well.

Last edited:
There are a few too many variables at the factory to promise an exact shipping date as of today. I think factory is aiming for June. So far so good though. I wouldn't normally open pre-orders yet, but since the factory already opened up pre-orders we followed early as well.

Brilliant, thanks for the quick and honest response, probably worth waiting for then, as my alternate was fitting 2 C-5's and that's not really a good solution.

Would you happen to have the dimensions of the units, so I can mock up the units that have to be fitted under the seat, check fit and then hopefully plug and play when the units hit the shop floor? Looking at equipping all the bikes in the garage with the kit, having just done the same to my cages, so it would be really helpful to have worked through them all over a few nights hiding from she who must be obeyed in the garage, rather than spending a weekend (when I had probably agreed to 'do something') when they arrive.

Brilliant, thanks for the quick and honest response, probably worth waiting for then, as my alternate was fitting 2 C-5's and that's not really a good solution.

Would you happen to have the dimensions of the units, so I can mock up the units that have to be fitted under the seat, check fit and then hopefully plug and play when the units hit the shop floor? Looking at equipping all the bikes in the garage with the kit, having just done the same to my cages, so it would be really helpful to have worked through them all over a few nights hiding from she who must be obeyed in the garage, rather than spending a weekend (when I had probably agreed to 'do something') when they arrive.

https://www.innovv.com/innovv-k2-spec

1525161580088.png

Last edited:
Here is a prototype sample photo of the all new metal camera holder being produced. (for both C5 and K2) It's much better than the original plastic C-clip.
The camera will be extra secure in this version, won't rotate out of place once set.
I brought home one sample piece with me when I was in China a couple weeks ago. (rubber part wasn't ready yet) Final version en route next week.
It's a solid CNC Aluminum part and will come with a 3M Backed Rubber Grommet (not shown), set screw, and 2 camera mount points. (side or tip)
I'll post a photo of the final version once they arrive.
All sellers will get some spares of this mount in case any existing C5 customers need one.

2018-04-19 12.47.08.jpg

I will have K2 in Amazon.co.uk store (Fulfilled by Amazon) once it released.
Probably will add preorders for UK/EU customers soon to my online store as well.

Back