In Stock! INNOVV K2 DUAL Channel 1080P/1080P Motorcycle Cameras, WiFi, GPS, SONY Exmor Sensors, Waterproof, Alluminium DVR Housing

Morning, Any idea when these will be shipping in the UK? Pre-orders on the 2 sites ive found say shipping in August but we're running out of days for that!

Cheers
Nat
Order has been placed and I am expecting to have K2 listed on Amazon.co.uk (Prime) in 2 (max 3) weeks.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Order has been placed and I am expecting to have K2 listed on Amazon.co.uk (Prime) in 2 (max 3) weeks.

Aha! Probably not in time for me to fit before a weekender on the 8-9 September then?

B-)

Send me PM at the end on next week to check the live stock status.
Aha! Probably not in time for me to fit before a weekender on the 8-9 September then?

B-)

is there any upgrade on K2 for sound recording quality? video sound is worse on C5. Hope there's a better upgrade for this feature on K2

Send me PM at the end on next week to check the live stock status.

UK/EU Innovv K2 stock now available. Click HERE for more info.

Innovv K2.jpg

USA Stock is arriving Wednesday September 5th.

SOLVED! Innovv K2 Connectors Quick and Easy Fix (Click HERE)

Can anyone post the dimensions of the K2 DVR unit? Would like to figure out where it will fit on my Vstrom.

Lengths of cables would be helpful too.

Thanks!

Can anyone post the dimensions of the K2 DVR unit? Would like to figure out where it will fit on my Vstrom.

Lengths of cables would be helpful too.

Thanks!

The 22 inch fixed side of the power supply cable can be extended an addtional 95 inches with the new optional
INNK2PWREXT
(It will be listed on our site by Monday)

The default K2 package comes with one 1.8 meter remote camera and one 3 meter remote camera.

We also have a 5 meter camera option for UTV/ATV that need longer runs.

Here are the measurements. (see caliper images below)

Thanks, very helpful. The DVR is compact enough it should open up some mounting choices other than under the seat.

couple of k2 questions:

1.can i leave gps connected and have the metadata available in the video but not have it appear on the video itself?
2.does gps provide coordinates in addition to the speed?
3.can i bury out of sight the dvr with a microsd card inserted because i can download all the video off the unit daily using wifi?
4.if i run front and rear cameras at the same time, does that mean i'll get two independent video files effectively my microsd card capacity is cut in half?
5.am i seeing two different lens specs for front and rear cameras or are they identical?
6.if i already run your power hub, will i need to use included converter?
7.am i seeing a fatter video camera meaning i'll need to re-think the small clearance on my already mounted c3?
8.does the new mount lock in the camera from rotating or is that no longer a problem because you can correct the video?
9.battery or capacitor....i really, really would rather not have a battery.
10.don't get me wrong, i love my c3 but a) after pulling the microsd card so often to store video, i have to stick tape over it to keep from losing it popping out during a ride, b) same with the connector which if comes loose, video recording will stop; c) the camera mount will twist if i ride hard and the last part of my footage has camera off-axis several degrees; and d) i have a 90 lens because there was never a such thing as a reliable 120 lens. :)

sorry if the questions have already been answered or it's obvious on the website, being a little bit lazy today. :)

couple of k2 questions:

1.can i leave gps connected and have the metadata available in the video but not have it appear on the video itself?
2.does gps provide coordinates in addition to the speed?
3.can i bury out of sight the dvr with a microsd card inserted because i can download all the video off the unit daily using wifi?
4.if i run front and rear cameras at the same time, does that mean i'll get two independent video files effectively my microsd card capacity is cut in half?
5.am i seeing two different lens specs for front and rear cameras or are they identical?
6.if i already run your power hub, will i need to use included converter?
7.am i seeing a fatter video camera meaning i'll need to re-think the small clearance on my already mounted c3?
8.does the new mount lock in the camera from rotating or is that no longer a problem because you can correct the video?
9.battery or capacitor....i really, really would rather not have a battery.
10.don't get me wrong, i love my c3 but a) after pulling the microsd card so often to store video, i have to stick tape over it to keep from losing it popping out during a ride, b) same with the connector which if comes loose, video recording will stop; c) the camera mount will twist if i ride hard and the last part of my footage has camera off-axis several degrees; and d) i have a 90 lens because there was never a such thing as a reliable 120 lens. :)

sorry if the questions have already been answered or it's obvious on the website, being a little bit lazy today. :)

1) the GPS data is embedded into the files, http://DashCamViewer.com will give you picture in picture playback and show GPS data speed location
2) see #1
3) you download ALL video daily via wifi? That's not typical but possible will be slow and not automated. Better to read the card direcly via computer, way faster.
4) correct, separate files, K2 only operates in dual channel mode. The C5 is the product we have for single channel use.
5) it's the same camera front and back just different length cables. 1.8 meter and 3 meter included. We also have a special 5 meter cable for UTV
6) included converter is the only thing that connects to K2 power cable. We have a special extension cord available if the included power cable it too short
7) not sure what you're asking, do you need exact camera dimensions? We can post more caliper photos
8) You can spin the camera into any position you want. It says locked in via clamp and rubber pad nice and tight doesn't move
9) Neither it uses your motorcycle battery to gracefully close any file when it shuts down since it has a 3-wire power supply with delayed shutoff
10) No reports of the card falling out, very good eject system. We have a small batch of K2's with screw on water proof covers. Next production won't have them though, will be rubber pop on gasket again.

@MotoCamRyan can help answer any more questions, Ryan is who you'll be talking to if you call the INNOVV USA support number in Nevada.

^very good information; sounds like the k2 is the camera for me.

yes, i download all the files but i only ride maybe 2 or 3 times a week so if i skip a session, i might have to remove the card from the camera and insert into computer and copy off all files twice a week. recently i've stopped doing that so having wifi in the camera will make it easier.

appreciate the answers. i'll check for the camera dimensions to determine correct mounting but ultimately i don't think it will be a problem.

thanks again.

What is the recording bitrate for the K2 system? Strangely I cannot find this info stated anywhere.

Based on the recording time comparison chart on Innovv's "Specifications" page, I backed out a 28 Mb/s rate. That gets you 10.4 hours of recording on a 128 GB SD card, which looks pretty close to the chart comparing K2 vs. C5 recording duration, according to the Dashcamtalk recording time calculator.

In an Amazon review I saw mention of a special firmware that boosts the recording bitrate, but requires a U3-capable SD card. Please tell us more about that.

Ah, there we go - looks like the default bitrate of the K2 system is fixed at 12 Mbit/s:

A K2 user has made available modified firmwares that boost the bitrate to 20 Mbit/s, but there have been various issues. I'm still reading - it could be that 20 MBit/s requires a faster SD card than U1.:

However that would be a bit strange if true. I'm using a U1-speed SD card in my Viofi A129 & it has no problems recording video at 20 Mbit/s.

Then again the K2 and A129 have totally different hardware, despite being the same in some ways.

One thing to keep in mind too is that in theory the K2 will need roughly twice the write rate of a single camera setup. This was a huge hassle with the K1 as they did a very poor job clearly explaining what was required and I ended up getting a $90 microSD card before it would write at a reasonable rate.

Back