In the market again!

SeanUhTron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello.

I've been using dashcams for about two years now. My current cam is a DDPai M6 Plus, which so far has served me fairly well. The reason I'm looking for a new one is that this one is constantly overheating. It'll tell me (In Mandarin) that it's too hot and turn off, then 5 seconds later it'll turn back on and repeat. It mostly overheats when in direct sunlight but unfortunately because of its mount, there's no where else I can move it. I've tried using HVAC tape to reflect the sunlight, but that hasn't seemed to have helped. My car, a 2014 Volt has one of those plastic casings behind the rear view mirror. If I can mount a cam to that, it'll shield it pretty well from direct sunlight.

What I need.

1. High quality recording. I like to be able to read license plates (Which is why I got the M6+). Preferably 2k resolution. 1080p minimum.
  2. Easier to shield from the sun, or a capacitor instead of battery.
  3. Preferably under $120. (If it's over this, post it anyways)
  4. Micro-USB Type B, I already have a cable hard wired.
  5. Panic/Lock Button

What I'd like to have.
  1. WiFi. It's so much easier to copy clips with this feature.
  2. Wireless panic/lock button.
  3. Capacitor, so I don't have to worry about my dashcam exploding.
  4. GPS with speed overlay.
  5. Parking mode.
  6. A screen would be nice since I can't always hear the voice prompts.

So far this one looks good, though I'm not too crazy about DDPai as they're China-based and a lot of the stuff is only in Chinese. So I'd like some alternatives.

the mini 2 has some issuess and not as reliable as M6+. But i think you may try, only cost 90$ after all.

Chupad D501 will check most, but not all of those checkboxes. However they only retail for $70 not on sale ($40 if you monitor a gearbest sale). I got mine for $40 and i'm beyond happy with it.

What I need.
  1. High quality recording. I like to be able to read license plates (Which is why I got the M6+). Preferably 2k resolution. 1080p minimum.
  2. Easier to shield from the sun, or a capacitor instead of battery.
  3. Preferably under $120. (If it's over this, post it anyways)
  4. Micro-USB Type B, I already have a cable hard wired.
  5. Panic/Lock Button

What I'd like to have.
  1. WiFi. It's so much easier to copy clips with this feature.
  2. Wireless panic/lock button.
  3. Capacitor, so I don't have to worry about my dashcam exploding.
  4. GPS with speed overlay.
  5. Parking mode.
  6. A screen would be nice since I can't always hear the voice prompts.

Other than a Micro USB interface, WiFi and buffered parking mode, the A119 suits your requirement.

Back