Inconsistency entering / exiting parking mode?

sounds like a power related issue, see how you go and we'll diagnose further once you've run it for a bit

Ok, so I've run it for a few days and below/attached are the widely varying, inconsistent results.

About 30% of the time after returning to the car I had to manually turn on the camera. There was no apparent pattern to this. Sometimes it was after only sitting for a few minutes, sometimes after a few hours. For the most part the camera only recorded a few seconds or minutes of footage and others it recorded hours of footage. Again, when it recorded longer periods didn't seem to have any patterns. Even when the camera shut off early, it wasn't consistent. Sometimes it was seconds and other times it was minutes. Interesting is that some of the files were up to 12 minutes long as if the camera ignored my settings? And finally before I left work today, I noticed that the camera had completely frozen. REC red light was stuck on and there was an image frozen on the screen that was from hours prior (I took a quick recording of this because I was shocked - doesn't show anything other than I described but I can post if necessary).

Regarding the car - brand new 2018 Honda Fit. Concerned it may be a battery issue I had it tested and it returned as expected, essentially brand new performance.

Is it possible it's a camera issue? Its behavior is completely random, sometimes somewhat working as expected and other times not at all.

Capture.JPG

It's the one that came with the "Street Guardian SG9663DC Dual Channel Dash Camera With 128GB MicroSD Card" package on Amazon. If you need any specific numbers off it let me know and I can pull it out later tonight when the car is back home.

It's the one that came with the "Street Guardian SG9663DC Dual Channel Dash Camera With 128GB MicroSD Card" package on Amazon. If you need any specific numbers off it let me know and I can pull it out later tonight when the car is back home.

just need the brand and model when you get a chance

Alright, so we went a few places the past two days. The only setting we changed was 1fps for the parking mode. The results are slightly better than before, but still not good. Below is how long our parking recordings were and whether they recorded for the full duration. The results are not in order.

1 hr (correct) - Camera powered back on upon return.
7 minutes (correct) -Camera powered back on upon return.
9 minutes (correct) - Camera powered back on upon return.
20 minutes (correct) - Camera powered back on upon return.
4x 2 minutes (incorrect) - Once immediately after shutting off the car returning from work (missed full 6 hours of recording), once after getting to work (missed full 6 hours), and two smaller stops of ~10 minutes that got cut short. Each of these times the camera turned completely off and I had to manually power on the camera upon starting the car.

I still do not see any pattern in the results and it's unpredictable when it will work correct and when it won't. For instance it didn't record a short jaunt into Starbucks yet it had no problem 10 minutes later recording a dog obedience class we attended for an hour.

I will have to verify circuits because I had the camera professionally installed. Based on what I can tell from searching Google, it appears the Honda Fit is CAN bus.

If it was a wiring issue, wouldn't it be expected that the behavior was consistent (either all or nothing)? It had been working fine when I had it installed in August, until just recently.

CAN-BUS systems can be a challenge as the car can turn circuits off if it decides there's a load there that doesn't belong

What was the fix for this? I’ve been having the same issues. It worked perfect for months until I updated to the new firmware. I figured out at first I wasn’t doing the setting with car turned on. That helped get the settings to lock in but sometimes I come back and it’s off...sometimes not.

I’m still working on troubleshooting it. I had it set to 5fps/12 hour/high quality/12.4v cut off before and it turns off with the new firmware vs the old firmware would max out the 12 hours. I’m systematically changing settings to see what might the issue be.

Another issue I’ve had twice while doing the settings was when I click on speed reading(mph/kph) it freezes and just continues beeping but fast.

What was the fix for this? just continues beeping but fast.

Do you have a Transcend card?

“Do you have a Transcend card?”

I just checked, it’s a 128gb Samsung EVO

What was the fix for this? I’ve been having the same issues. It worked perfect for months until I updated to the new firmware. I figured out at first I wasn’t doing the setting with car turned on. That helped get the settings to lock in but sometimes I come back and it’s off...sometimes not.

I’m still working on troubleshooting it. I had it set to 5fps/12 hour/high quality/12.4v cut off before and it turns off with the new firmware vs the old firmware would max out the 12 hours. I’m systematically changing settings to see what might the issue be.

Another issue I’ve had twice while doing the settings was when I click on speed reading(mph/kph) it freezes and just continues beeping but fast.

what firmware version do you have installed now?

Yes please update to the latest firmware for sure

Your card might be corrupt, I'd use SD Formater (click the "Over Write" format box) If no errors, insert back into the camera and it will prompt you to format again in-cam.
Test again after that.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

Still hear beeping? Try unplugging the rear camera and test with single front main camera alone.

I swore I downloaded the right firmware but it’s 1.37. I just went back to the site and only see the newer 1.39. Updating that now, I’ll report back.

Don’t know how I would have missed that.

Back