Inconsistent Saved Clips

Campervansomeren

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi I recently went back to review some clips and there are lots of missing clips on the SD card. In some places it seems like it recorded every other clip (3 min there, 3 min missing, 3 min there again etc) while in another spot there are 15 minutes missing (5 consecutive clips) and then it picks back up again saving normal video.

I have the g-sensor turned off so the “accident” folder is empty. I had recently turned off the time stamp so I don’t know if that’s related, but all the video files still have the time in their file name so the camera still has a working clock.

I’m assuming you’ll tell me to update my firmware (I’m using the standard) which I will try, but I’m frustrated that this happened at all. I already lost some video I wanted and I’m worried it could get corrupted again and cause me to lose very important video if I don’t catch it soon enough. I’ve seen others complain of this (important video is inexplicably missing) so it seems to be unfortunately common...

Have you checked the SD card to make sure it's good? Most common reason for inconsistent recording is card related (not always but something to be checked first).

It’s a 64mb Samsung Pro Endurance card bought less than 3 months ago. About 2/3 full.

How do I check to make sure it’s good?

It’s a 64mb Samsung Pro Endurance card bought less than 3 months ago. About 2/3 full.

How do I check to make sure it’s good?
Most use the program "H2testw.exe". Available from many sources including the author's home page (in German but the program has an English option).

Hi I recently went back to review some clips and there are lots of missing clips on the SD card. In some places it seems like it recorded every other clip (3 min there, 3 min missing, 3 min there again etc) while in another spot there are 15 minutes missing (5 consecutive clips) and then it picks back up again saving normal video.

I have the g-sensor turned off so the “accident” folder is empty. I had recently turned off the time stamp so I don’t know if that’s related, but all the video files still have the time in their file name so the camera still has a working clock.

I’m assuming you’ll tell me to update my firmware (I’m using the standard) which I will try, but I’m frustrated that this happened at all. I already lost some video I wanted and I’m worried it could get corrupted again and cause me to lose very important video if I don’t catch it soon enough. I’ve seen others complain of this (important video is inexplicably missing) so it seems to be unfortunately common...
It seems that its reserved partition was full and also the dashcam reset to its default time settings! Suggest you format your card and sync the dashcam time with your cellphone weekly!

Most use the program "H2testw.exe". Available from many sources including the author's home page (in German but the program has an English option).

I tested the card using this program and it said there were no errors.

It seems that its reserved partition was full and also the dashcam reset to its default time settings! Suggest you format your card and sync the dashcam time with your cellphone weekly!

I set the partition size to the minimum (because I don’t use the G-sensor to trigger events) but even if the normal video partition was full, this wouldn’t explain why some some clips were saved both before and after the missing clips. Also I don’t think the time was completely reset because the clips all had time-stamps in the file name with consecutive times.

I can try resetting the date and reformatting more frequently, but doing this weekly is not convenient. When you recommend a weekly reformat, do you mean a “full reformat” that requires removing the card and takes over an hour on a computer? Or can we do the “reformat” option on the camera through the app?

Removing the card weekly without losing it or forgetting it is certainly not feasible. I assume most of your customers (myself included) are looking for more of a “set and forget” product that can still be relied upon in an accident.

Last edited:
I set the partition size to the minimum (because I don’t use the G-sensor to trigger events)
It keeps looping recording even if its memory card full according to my testing! Anyway, could you mind to send it back for inspection? Send it back to our local USA warehouse for a replacement camera, ok?

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A B1W 8
F B1W 15
YouSparkle B1W 6
Back