Incorrect display of coordinates on the video stamp in Mini 0906

Leonauto

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
Blueskysea, Viofo and etc
This discrepancy was discovered by chance, when viewing screenshots and comparing with the real location.

However, the track of the motion is displayed correctly on the maps in the videoplayer.

For verification we additionally installed Mini-0805 side-by-side with 0906 and compared their records on the stamp.

Coordinates of a real place: 55.6497N 37.5624E, and at the same time coordinates on the stamp video Mini-0906: 55.3899N 37.3375E. The positioning error is more than 30 kilometers.

incorrect display coordinates Mini-0906 on Video Stamp.jpg

0906_screenshot_2а.jpg 0805_screenshot_1а.jpg

Users of the Russian 4PDA forum analyzed the causes of the error and concluded that the program had an incorrect formula for translating the coordinates to display them in the stamp (member @valeshin post #1031)

We want to ask @Rayman.Chan to comment on whether it is possible to make corrections to the firmware? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The coordinates for the 0906 are correct, however they are given in degrees and minutes, not degrees.

They are incorrectly displayed, if you are using minutes then it should say "55°38.99'N 37°33.75'E" which gives the correct location when given to Google maps, instead of "55.3899N 37.3375E".

finally we learnt what Leonauto means.
will carry this in next firmware update

The coordinates for the 0906 are correct, however they are given in degrees and minutes, not degrees.
That's why the question also appeared, because in other dashcams the coordinates are displayed in degrees

finally we learnt what Leonauto means.
will carry this in next firmware update

We have no complaints about the GPS log file format. When viewed in a player with a map display, the track is drawn accurately. In the log file coordinates are written in the format DDMM.mmmm - this is the most popular recording format now and the player program understands it perfectly.
And as for the stamp on the video - in most dashcams the coordinates are displayed only in degrees. If programmers do not have the ability to change the way the stamp is currently displayed - then let them replace the comma sign with the sign of degrees

Last edited:
We have no complaints about the GPS log file format. When viewed in a player with a map display, the track is drawn accurately. In the log file coordinates are written in the format DDMM.mmmm - this is the most popular recording format now and the player program understands it perfectly.
And as for the stamp on the video - in most dashcams the coordinates are displayed only in degrees. If programmers do not have the ability to change the way the stamp is currently displayed - then let them replace the comma sign with the sign of degree
Yes, the log file is a standard format so should not be changed.

I think it is best to display the coordinates in degrees and minutes, even if other cameras don't, it is the traditional way: "55°38.99'N 37°33.75'E".
I would prefer to use metric units and have it in Grads, but that would confuse a lot of people and I don't think even Google Maps can manage them!

I don't fully agree with it. With most usage of lat/long (including customer, councils and multi-national companies) we always use decimal. Google Maps (including KML files) use decimal instead of degrees.

I would rather leave it to the user which he prefers and uses. Default to degrees, but optional use decimal, in both the log-file and stamping.

I don't fully agree with it. With most usage of lat/long (including customer, councils and multi-national companies) we always use decimal. Google Maps (including KML files) use decimal instead of degrees.

I would rather leave it to the user which he prefers and uses. Default to degrees, but optional use decimal, in both the log-file and stamping.
Actually Google Maps uses degrees, minutes and seconds for it's main display, and puts the decimal degrees underneath in small, see blue box:

1531257465910.png

Actually Google Maps uses degrees, minutes and seconds for it's main display, and puts the decimal degrees underneath in small, see blue box:

That is true, but using the API it uses decimal.

my question is, when you type the N and E in google map searching, how to type the 51°28'29.4"? in fact the main problem is for the symbol ° for me I don't know how to type it I can only copy it from somewhere else :( looks foolish but that is what i did

my question is, when you type the N and E in google map searching, how to type the 51°28'29.4"? in fact the main problem is for the symbol ° for me I don't know how to type it I can only copy it from somewhere else :( looks foolish but that is what i did
hold the ALT key and type 0176 to type the degree symbol °

hold the ALT key and type 0176 to type the degree symbol °
Or run the standard Windows program "charmap.exe" which displays every symbol available and then press the copy button, or use the ALT code it displays at the bottom.

For my image above, I just clicked on the start of the world in Google Maps with the mouse, and missed which is why it is not perfectly at 0 degrees E.

This discrepancy was discovered by chance, when viewing screenshots and comparing with the real location.

However, the track of the motion is displayed correctly on the maps in the videoplayer.

For verification we additionally installed Mini-0805 side-by-side with 0906 and compared their records on the stamp.

Coordinates of a real place: 55.6497N 37.5624E, and at the same time coordinates on the stamp video Mini-0906: 55.3899N 37.3375E. The positioning error is more than 30 kilometers.

View attachment 39854

View attachment 39855 View attachment 39856

Users of the Russian 4PDA forum analyzed the causes of the error and concluded that the program had an incorrect formula for translating the coordinates to display them in the stamp (member @valeshin post #1031)

We want to ask @Rayman.Chan to comment on whether it is possible to make corrections to the firmware? Thanks in advance.
Yes, incorrect formula for translating the coordinates to display them in the stamp, need upgrade the firmware. The mini 0805 has the same problem before.

Back