Incorrect firmware installed on Cobra CDR905DBT

AbbyT

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been having recording issues on my camera so thought I should try to update the firmware. I had done it a few times over the past year - it's not that difficult. I was so careful in picking the correct firmware to install on my Cobra (Drive HD) CDR905DBT; however, it wasn't to be. When I was installing, I glanced at the screen and realized that I had not picked the correct model - but it was too late. I have no idea how that happened as I was being very careful in my choice. Needless to say, it happened and to my dismay the device no longer powers on. If I plug it in, the green light goes on for a second and goes out. I have tried the reset button (holding for 15 seconds) - nothing happens. Any suggestions? (other than a new pair of glasses so I don't make this mistake again). :)

Can't load anything - it doesn't power on. I plug it into the computer - nothing happens. I have loaded the correct firmware onto the microSD, but without it powering on to read the card, I have no other way of figuring this out :(

Yes, I had seen that. Doesn't seem as though he had any luck either. I will most likely go buy a refurb one (costly mistake!) and just use my current wiring as I had to pay to get it installed (wires hidden). Will call Cobra tomorrow before I do that to see if they can help at all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Cobra 0
sinaloaeshop Cobra 4
M Cobra 2
Back