Incorrect password!

Discussion in 'DR500GW-HD' started by Duncwood, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Duncwood

Duncwood New Member

Canada
    I have a new DR500 HD I am trying to install. It says all the right things and the lights work as they should but I can't connect to wifi as it rejects "blackvue" as its password! It's just come out of the box today, I've been reading anything I can find and watching all sorts of YouTube videos but am getting nowhere. Does anyone have any experience of this?
    Thanks

2. JohnM

JohnM Active Member

United Kingdom
    Dash Cam:
    DR650GW-2CH
    Hi Duncwood,

As you've already tried the "default" password, have you made sure that the serial number (SSID) is correct? This is usually in the format "DR500HD- (SerNo)", then enter the password "blackvue".

Good luck

John

3. Duncwood

Duncwood New Member

Canada

Will try that in the morning. From memory it does have 5 or 6 letters and digits after the DR500, but not as many as the serial no, I think that was more like 11 or 12.
    Thanks for the pointer John

4. JohnM

JohnM Active Member

United Kingdom
    Dash Cam:
    DR650GW-2CH
    If you still have the same problem, try changing the password. Pages 37/38 of the manual will take you through the stages. It can be done through the PC viewer. Don't forget to click the "save and close" button. I had to "lift" the page up to get to the buttons.

The manual should be on your SD card or you can download from here: http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/contact-us/downloads/.