Incorrect speed showing

Dave 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've been viewing my SD card movies and my speed read out seem to be 20 mph above my actual driving speed, it shows 40 mph in heavy town traffic and 80 when I'm doing 60
I've installed the latest firmware any ideas would be appreciated.

This could be due to your vehicle's speedometer giving inaccurate readings. The best thing I can suggest is try using the camera in someone else's vehicle and see compare the readings. Sometimes if your vehicle is out of alignment or something else is throwing the speedometer out of calibration, you'll find that your speedometer is off when compared to a GPS unit that uses triangulation to calculate speed. In Canada, police using photo-radar always allow a 10kph threshold or 'safe zone' before giving out a speeding ticket for this reason.

There is no way to calibrate the GPS through the Qvia App. If you try the camera in someone else vehicle and it turns out the speed is still off by the same amount, please contact your local distributor or reseller in the UK for warranty repair.

20 mph seem a lot, my car speedo say 88 km/h when i am doing 80 according to GPS, and i have gone past speed traps at the max speed according to GPS and gotten no speeding tickets.
That large a difference seem strange, but unsure what to do, aside maybe contact Lukas, though their support seem to be poor.

I’ve contacted Lucas they said format the card on my computer but it’s still the same, in conjunction with my radar detectors gps speed and my cars speedo there’s only a few miles difference which is normal, think I’ll go back to the previous firmware see if that works.

Reverted to the previous firmware working ok now also noticed it was doubling my miles covered definitely a gremlin in the works!

I had this - it looks more like it actually showing kmph rather mph (even thought it said mph)

Yes I totally agree I’ve turned off the speed function left it on gps, I can still get the true mph in the map side of the Qvia viewer.

Back