Industrial-strength Suction Cup for SJ4000?

VIIVIIIXIII

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
ITB-100HD, SG9665GC, Mobius B & C2, T1, Z970WD
Hello,

Wondering if there is reputable copy of the GoPro suction cup mount that can perform just as well. The geniune mount costs $40USD which is extremely expensive. Thanks

"Attach your GoPro to cars, boats, motorcycles and more. This industrial-strength Suction Cup mount is proven at speeds of 150+ mph and engineered for stability and a broad range of motion. " from http://shop.gopro.com/mounts/suction-cup/AUCMT-302.html

AUCMT-302_main1.jpg

Generally speaking, you get what you pay for. While you can find some well made suction mounts on the market at a moderate price, with the GoPro you are paying for the engineering, testing and quality of materials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joby is a great brand and high quality product. I can recommend it. They even recently came out with their suction cup series.

The GoPro suction mount can be had for $40, so I'm only interested in an alternative if it is half the price or cheaper -- otherwise, I might as well just pony up for the GoPro suction mount. That being said, I do own the GoPro mount, looking to a buy maybe 3 or 4 more SJ4000s, but I don't think I want to spend $160 on mounting hardware alone.

What do you guys think about this one? it's been talked about on the GoPro forums
http://www.brlshawaii.com/about/shop/board-mount/

camera-orange-with-black-nuts.jpg

China replica ($5-15, depending where you look)

Last edited:
If it's suction type, I prefer if it has the lock mechanism, just to be safe.
That though have three cups, but won't guaranteed it will be solid.

What about these one, looks very similar to the Delkin Fat Gekco.

What about these one, looks very similar to the Delkin Fat Gekco.

Just tried using that mount and failed. My SJ4000 dropped easily. Luckily it's not broken. SMH
Take a look of the vid.

I'm being sent this suction cup (click link here) for free w/ review of a new action cam (called the Dazzne DZ-P2)

I'll see how it compares to the GoPro suction cup, which I also own and use with my SJ4000W.

Back