inferno in NH (USA)

Nasty.
Steering right into a oncoming semi, i just hope that facetwitt post was worth it.

Is the assumption that the stupid kid was texting or something?

Something other than focusing 100% on driving, a thing most of us can sat "me too" but we just lucked out, i just venture to blame the popular social media / phone.
I stopped using my phone while driving a long long time ago actually in the 90ties when i was a pretty bad driver, and i do my best to not operate the stereo as i once almost did what the guy in OP video do, i was just lucky i had 3 other people in the car to yell out, and the driving skill to save a hairy situation.
BUT ! it was the last time i had people in the car with me, not only that day but i was a pretty dangerous idiot drive in the early - mid 90ties.

Today i dont even like taking a hands free call, so the fact the bluetooth on my head unit dont work dont bother me all that much, plus the fact i will have to drive around 1 - 200 hours at least before i am so unlucky to get a call while driving, due to the little number of people having my number and the little driving i do.

Hmmmm , Yeah !
Was wondering about that attempted suicide (?)

Some 23 YO idiot here just crashed strait into a on coming car killing its driver, the guy was drunk and stoned out of his mind, driving a stolen car, and already wanted by the police from staying away from the sentence he already got for the very same minus killing anyone.
He was already banned from driving until 2028 :rolleyes:
Personally i think it would be only fair to physically make sure he will never be able to operate a car again,,,,,, this may be barbaric to some people, but so are the way he behave so all i suggest are to fight evil with evil.
In either case a punk like that will never become a positive contribute to Danish society, in which case i think it would only be prudent to make sure our society suffer the least possible in any way.

Across the pond here, several States have what is called a "Three Strikes" law where like in baseball, 3 strikes means you're out. So if you commit the same major crime covered under such laws for the third time, you get a huge penalty sentence which is usually life in prison without parole :eek: It has been proven to be effective in greatly reducing continuing offenders where it's applied, and very few get caught out by it, but still happens occasionally. There is a level of stupidity which cannot be corrected by any means less than this.

Such a law applied to the worst driving offenses (or maybe all of them) would have an equal effect on road safety and I can't see any reason to not implement it. Maybe not life in prison but at least ten years along with a permanent driving ban afterward which if broken would get a life sentence. Here in SC we have increasing penalty levels for repeated DWI and that has helped somewhat but IIRC the worst is 5 years and an equal suspension afterward and you can get parole at 85% of time served. We still daily have repetitive drunk drivers killing someone here so it's clear that the current laws are not effective enough :mad:

The problem is that people see driving more as a right than a privilege and everyone knows that no matter what you do on the roads short of killing someone will have at worst a relatively small penalty no matter how often you do it. The Judges here are limited in what they are allowedcto do, sometines by law and sometimes by systemic self-regulation which I feel is equally wrong. If someone isn't smart enough to correct a mistake in their driving behavior by the third time they get caught doing it they are clearly too stupid to be driving, and unless you somehow physically prevent them from doing it again they aren't going to stop. If we're not going to do better with this then maybe we should just declare all traffic laws invalid and let anarchy take over- at least then the resulting attrition would get rid of the worst drivers which is better than what we're doing now!

Phil

Back