Innovv C1/C2 Review by Techmoan

Great!
Thanks for the update and BIG thanks to techmoan.com guy

Unfortunately to the 808#26 manufaturer INNOVV is not on my best'est camera makers list for purchase, because, I believe they have "learned executive thinking from big guys" regarding components (USB) to be incompatible...

((you may be surprised :p , I am new'ish to the DashCam business) and was asking right questions in wrong places about them...
http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1...camcorder-or-else-named-device-advice-wanted/ )

I agree with his findings. I definitely think the exposure needs to be fixed and the mount made stronger. My worry is the non standard USB port and it's weakness, as seen recently with kamkar1. It's definitely a nice little camera and it looks great. I'm wondering if they will address some of those hardware problems along with the firmware.
What is interesting in that in the video he used two versions of the camera: the original with the recessed lens and the newer model with the lens protruding out.

Last edited:
Thanks for Techmoan's reveiw,
The C1 and C2 have been the best presented to people.

Finally at 26:44 it seems C1 beats the Mobius. From my side the orientation sensor is the key pro for the C1.

I believe the review is the best introduction of the feature of Innovv C1 and C2.

The Video quality, the functions and the design.

It is the pleasure to watch his review.:)

Just watched this I may be coming into this section of the Dashcamtalk forum more. We will see. I plan on getting two C2 dash cams and mounting them in the car however he mentions a cable that allows the recording and charging at the same time, I would be interested in knowing where I might get one..

Just watched this I may be coming into this section of the Dashcamtalk forum more. We will see. I plan on getting two C2 dash cams and mounting them in the car however he mentions a cable that allows the recording and charging at the same time, I would be interested in knowing where I might get one..
The cable used to charge and auto start record is included with the camera.

I was just about to come back and say its now included with the camera in the box DOH read before you post peter, read before you post...

I was just about to come back and say its now included with the camera in the box DOH read before you post peter, read before you post...
Hahaha that's why we're here, to help. No big deal :cool:

I am thinking about drilling a micro hole in the rear of my cars wheel cover and inserting the lens through the said hole and having this as an external camera, I also think it would be small enough to fit into the side wing mirrors as side view cameras. I might even modify the Front bull bars or the front grill of the car and insert one in there. BTW this is the model car I have...

1669684_1.jpg
opel__frontera_3_2_limited_4x4___1_hand_only_66_tkm_1998_7_lgw.jpg

Maybe the Mobius with extension cable would work too. This way you would only need the depth of the lens. Make sure you waterproof

Which Mobius camera. (the problem I have is I have been looking at so many different dash cams I cant work out what camera is what or which had the best footage)

Thats why I stupidly bought the DR550GW. Price is supposed to mean quality... DOH

The only thing I would like is GPS as well...

Last edited:
Which Mobius camera. (the problem I have is I have been looking at so many different dash cams I cant work out what camera is what or which had the best footage)

Thats why I stupidly bought the DR550GW. Price is supposed to mean quality... DOH

The only thing I would like is GPS as well...
Of the small pocket size cams, I would say the Mobius is the best. Followed by the C1/C2, which footage seem a little dark at the moment. The Mobius uses a mini USB while the C1/C2 uses a proprietary cable, which is a weak point. Both would work in your location; the Mobius more so due to the ability to extend the lens on an 8" cable, which would help it fit in a tight spot.

Unfortunately neither have GPS. The next up in size with GPS, would be the mini 0801 which may be difficult to mount as you plan and is lacking a waterproof case. I can say the quality of the Mobius is excellent in the day and good at night. @niko says the B lens is better at night, yet again may be difficult to mount flush due to it's curved lens. Same goes for the C2. Niko is testing both Mobius and C1/C2 side by side so hopefully he can add more.

Lastly, you're going to need one with not too wide of a lens so that you don't get any vignetting from the small hole. If a small hole is important the 808 #16 has a pin hole B lens and records in 720p

Hope that helps

I don't have Mobius nor Innov at this, but I just ordered the Innovv C1..because I like vendors give out clear specifications what I am getting. Do your homework ....read.. and decide. what features do you want.

I am thinking about drilling a micro hole in the rear of my cars wheel cover and inserting the lens through the said hole and having this as an external camera, I also think it would be small enough to fit into the side wing mirrors as side view cameras. I might even modify the Front bull bars or the front grill of the car and insert one in there.

Externally mounted lenses will inevitably get covered in road filth, & need frequent cleaning. The lens coating will probably get scratched, if not directly then indirectly through attempts to keep the lens clean. Keeping water out will also be difficult.

Let me put it this way my cars that whell waxed and polished and cleaned every time i hit a puddle that the camera will only get scruffy on a long journey then it will have a clean.

The polish and wax I use keeps dirt from sticking to everything and I use rainx on the screen and a type of clear coat similar to wax to stop pesky bugs sticking to the glas, Normally to wash the car I just need a garden hose and then dry with a Microfiber cloth or four to be exact with a wax top up spray then wipe with a fresh microfiber if they get dirty. If its been a while between washes it gets a full all over clay bar polish and wax.

Anyway, just thought I would make that clear. LOL call me a clean car person, I haven't had time to do it for a week, to busy with customers cars. and the inside of my boot looks like a homeless person has been collecting rubbish in it.

Back