Innovv C1 vs Mobius wide & standard lens.

JooVuu

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,
I have put together a quick video comparison between the Mobius Standard Lens, the Mobius Wide Angle Lens, and the Innovv C1.

The RAW footage will be uploaded later, however here is the YouTube video for a quick comparison.

(it should be available as of 1:30am GMT 5th December)

Top: Innovv c1
Bottom left: Mobius Wide Angle
Bottom right: Mobius Standard Lens.

The Mobius firmware is:
Latest FW as of 4th December: 0.59.
WDR: ON

Innovv C1 firmware:
Factory - no alterations were made. Whatever FW was released on the first batch is what we have.

Both cameras are shooting at 1080dp at 30frames per second. The Innovv was silver we used.

Each camera used a 4gb microSD class 4 SanDisk card.

Any questions please ask me here or at www.JooVuu.com/support.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

The recording on the C1 seem very dark ?
Seem like video high dynamic range in the GUI is worth a visit when availabel

Seem like video high dynamic range in the GUI is worth a visit when available
Now only GUI, Also new FW has been updating on improvement.

To have a full picture of comparison for two cameras, below photos show the details.
Competition is going to be even tough.

Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG
Slide4.JPG
Slide5.JPG
Slide6.JPG
Slide7.JPG Slide8.JPG

Last edited:
Why is the Innovv footage so dark? It's almost unusable in my opinion. The difference between the quality of the Innovv and Mobius is so big! Maybe the manufacturer would like to post another footage? As it is, based on this video, why would anyone buy the Innovv over the Mobius?

I'd think they've probably still got some work to do with the firmware, they've already acknowledged that there's work still to be done, hold off a bit and see where they go with it, still very early days yet

That may be, but I've seen videos posted by the manufacturer on YouTube, and there's a world of difference between this video and what they posted. If this is already on sale, I fail to see a reason why people would choose this over the Mobius, at least for now, until Innovv can prove that their video quality can compete with the Mobius. And personally I'd be wary of buying something in the hope that a "future firmware update" will improve the performance of the product :D

That may be, but I've seen videos posted by the manufacturer on YouTube, and there's a world of difference between this video and what they posted. If this is already on sale, I fail to see a reason why people would choose this over the Mobius, at least for now, until Innovv can prove that their video quality can compete with the Mobius. And personally I'd be wary of buying something in the hope that a "future firmware update" will improve the performance of the product :D
well they just released a firmware update now, was that too long to wait ;) http://www.innovv.com/#!specification/ccn9

The damm postman still havent been here, and the only tracking info i have is it have been shipped as airmail from joovuu on Tuesday.

The distance from UK to Denmark is not 3 days, but i guess it once again is Danish postal who ruin everything :rolleyes: sadly joovuu havent posted any parcel tracking on the parcel so i cant be sure where my cam is now.

Seem like i will have to wait untill monday :( ( if i am Lucky )

I allso notised the dark footage compared to the other videos from innovv, but it might be the electronic shutter setting thats sensetive, anyway i am quite sure its just a minor issue.

Anyways if it have been able to make good footage, i am pretty sure it are still possible to do so :D

PS. getting software and so on as i type here :)

The new FW and GUI has been updated for downloading from below link with the instructions on the website.

The Data Comparison Table omits lens specification. The Mobius data is 7 element glass, made in Japan. What's the entry for the Innovv lens?
My experience with marketing comparisons is that if a manufacturer omits a specification in a direct competitor comparison, that specification is inferior to the competing product being compared against :D

Indeed. That question was directed at the OP, so hopefully he/she can update the first post ;-)

if you want to alert someone to a post mention them like this @JooVuu then they'll get a notification when they are on the site next

I'm sure it's something he'd want to do as he sells both models, it's his birthday today though so he might have other plans :) I'm sure he'll get to it though

People know Innovv C1 and Mobius were born for competition.
I believe not only JooVuu , Other people is preparing for their own.
And JooVuu agrees to make other testing in coming days.

Like Mobile phone for Apple and Samsung,
No one is all the best, No one is all the bad.
It is the marketing, people has different preference,
My understanding is What is the Brand image and Value you are bringing to people.

Do agree?

For Innovv, Always to be
See it, Touch it, Like it

if you want to alert someone to a post mention them like this @JooVuu then they'll get a notification when they are on the site next

I'm sure it's something he'd want to do as he sells both models, it's his birthday today though so he might have other plans :) I'm sure he'll get to it though
Ah, thanks for letting me know, and alerting the OP! And I agree wholeheartedly, he's got way better things to do on his birthday than this :p

I have the feeling that joovuu is more interested in advertising its own business than in offering real or correct information. Being a reseller is in contact with the developers and he can ask them about which firmware to use for creating some comparison material.
- Mobius will have a firmware which will fix the differences between its own lenses
- Innovv already have a firmware with more brightness in low light conditions, even more than Mobius.

Posting such comparison video will not help Mobius, Innovv and even joovuu. If some user will see that video comparison will put the Innovv to the "No, thanks!" list and the Mobius in some "I don't know which is better, so I will look somewhere else" or the user to claim that he wants the previous setting of the lens, after firmware update.

enjoy,
Mtz

Being a reseller is in contact with the developers and he can ask them about which firmware to use for creating some comparison material.

How do we have to understand this? Are there different firmware for comparisons between Innovv C1 and different cameras available? Sound a little bit strange? But more interesting is what the user will get out of the box. And I think that's what joovuu want to show us with the video. That's seems to be absolutely correct to me as more as he is posting the link to this video here in the forum where the developer of Innovv has the chance to explain everything.

What ever, thanks to joovuu for the first impression!

m2c

Last edited:
I have comparisons like that, but not published. niko have also comparison like that but not released to the public too. Because we think a little before releasing it.
If the Innovv will be not sold with that testing firmware, that comparison is not correct.

I remember some user posted some video about Mobius heat problems. He had some problem, I don't know why, but after he posted that video, many people were afraid their Mobius will melt and starting a lot of discussions in our forum and another forums. Until now I never saw in this forum any user with a destroyed Mobius because of heat.

These cameras are sold online. Because of that most of the users will perform firmware upgrades

enjoy,
Mtz

Back