Innovv C1 vs Panorama G vs DOD LS460W

Jawad

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
India
Dash Cam
Innovv C1, Mobius
This is my first attempt to do a side by side comparison of the 3 cameras. My video editing skills are very poor, so this is the best I could do :

Link to the RAW files

DOD LS460W : https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5y1wbodfnkuf60/DOD.MOV?dl=0

Innovv C1 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kin8isot8i960j/Innovv cut.avi?dl=0

Panorama G : https://www.dropbox.com/s/d584ljk7fzcdv3i/Pano g cut.mp4?dl=0

Somehow (according to my eyes) Innovv C1 is the one with the best video quality. Is it just me, or do you guys feel the same? I expected a far more better footage from Panorama G, maybe this one is having some problems, I will try with another Panorama G later.

I would like to get opinions from the experts here.

maybe its just my internet but it doesnt seem like those videos will play at full resolution for me. seem really blocky.

maybe its just my internet but it doesnt seem like those videos will play at full resolution for me. seem really blocky.

I am not sure why, but there is a download link if you are interested :)

Don't share via Dropbox. (They transcode). You can download the raw link in the upper right. To avoid blocky confusion for those that don't understand they need to download the raw video, Use mega.co.nz

Panorama G should look really good if everything is normal. There is a new 15Mbs firmware too. Send me a PM

Don't share via Dropbox. (They transcode). You can download the raw link in the upper right. To avoid blocky confusion for those that don't understand they need to download the raw video, Use mega.co.nz

Panorama G should look really good if everything is normal. There is a new 15Mbs firmware too. Send me a PM
ive never used dropbox soooo yeaaa haha.

the C1 will have a more natural look to the colours, the sport cam based products are generally better like this, they don't fare as well in the more difficult scenarios though

There is a truck stopped on the side, the number plate visibility is better with C1 in my opinion. Maybe the lower bitrate of Pano G is ruining the quality.

Thanks, I will use Mega now onwards.

the DOD doesn't have a horse in the race.

the Pano G and the C1 are close. I agree with @jokiin , the C1 has a more natural/flat look with the colors and that's more pleasing to your eye.

Overall in my opinion however, I prefer the Pano G in these tests...

The Panorama and LS460W are potentially sharing the same sensor (IMX122)- I'm guessing the 460 may be using a 222 or 322 as it had less noise at night than the Panorama clips I checked out but that could have been to do with the lens which was totally different on the two. I can't wait for the first firmware to drop so I can analyze it!

Either way they should both quite happily outperform the C1 just after sunrise and at sunset and at night. Overcast days cam be hard for a lot of cams too. I did a side by side of the LS430W and the LS460W and details wise they were very similar, just the LS460W had much less noise in the video at night.

The problem the 460 had was that it kept brightness right up at dusk and dawn (so it looked like day) at the expense of losing detail so you couldn't read license plates as close detail would be smeared. It looked more like instead of just using the extra ISO of the camera sensor it was just using a longer exposure time instead in my testing. The 460 seems way more sensitive to reflections than other Novatek based cameras I tried.

The Panorama is pointed much higher up than it should be for these clips too. For number plate reading the lower the angle the better - it's always a trade off there which higher resolutions will start to work around.

Amusingly one of the LS460W clips I did which looked like a box of frogs (ie terrible) is being used by a foreign trader to show how good it looks (it really doesn't in the clip they're using of mine as all the numberplates are a smeared mess!!)

The LS460W needs better firmware which DOD may never release as well as a better lens holder so the focus doesn't drift in the heat.

That's the biggest bonus of the Panorama in that Sungmoon keeps tweaking it throughout it's lifecycle so that it's always improving.

Here's an example from dusk:

Shot in the same car at the same time - the GT680W was more like how dark it was getting but look at how bright the video is on the LS460W - that's the sort of times when the better sensors in the Panorama and so on start to kick in.

Last edited:
Back