Innovv C2 Falls off Bicycle and Nearly Run Over

Yooshaw

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2x Mobius, 2 x SG9665GC, 2 x A119S, 2 x A119V3
I've had this video for a while, and actually forgot about it, as my Innovv C2s have been idle for over a year, and just recently pulled them back out.

At any rate, I tried using it as a rear mounted bicycle cam to document my bike commute to work. This was my first run using it, and lets say that the C2 mount is not adequate to hold the C2 over bumps. The C2 nearly gets run over after falling off the bike in a bike cross-walk. Couldn't have been more that an inch and the SUV would have crushed it.

You'd think I'd learn after the first drop, but I tried again right away and it fell off again.

The C2 is still working normally, just some scratches to show for it. Thankfully the lens was spared. Well built unit.

IMG_4138.jpg
IMG_4139.jpg
IMG_4140.jpg
IMG_4141.jpg

That C2 was just asking for it in that crosswalk.

I remember watching from the crosswalk helpless as the light changed to green. I thought it was smashed for sure.

I went with a mobius after this incident, and I don't think it would have survived if it had fallen off.

I ended up with a velcro strip that wrapped around - but changed to a Mobius. Actually not commuting on the bike anymore anyway.

Back