Innovv C3 not found by computer

landyvlad

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Innovv C3
I can't get my computer to 'find' my C3.

I have tried hooking it up when ON and nothing.
I have tried hooking it up when OFF, then turning it on and nothing.

AM I missing something obvious?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

But I need to update the firmware and GUI. How can I do the 'write to camera' if there's no camera connected?

ALso I don;t think I have a micro sd reader....

Ah yes, though were just trying to use the mass storage mode. card readers are a few dollars on ebay/amazon. (really good deals these days)

Hmm, I remember that problem be discussed here several months ago, should be a thread about it some place.

The lens cable must be attached to the recording unit and then plugged into the computer. I don't think you are doing this.

But I need to update the firmware and GUI. How can I do the 'write to camera' if there's no camera connected?

ALso I don;t think I have a micro sd reader....
I know this sounds a bit odd but if you are plugging the C3 camera body directly into your computer then you need to have your snake lens plugged into the camera for your PC to recognise it. Chances are are your lens is firmly mounted to your bike or car but it is a hardware restriction. camera needs a lens plugged in to talk to your PC.

Go to this Youtube link for some good tips on your C3

Thank you all.

What's the point of a camera that can be detached from the lens if, in order for the computer to access it, the lens must be attached? Yes it is hard mounted. I have another lens somewhere looks as if I'd better start digging.
I wonder if that's something that can be resolved with a firmware upgrade???

don't think firmware can solve that, for reasons of practicality the lens needs to be detachable or install would be a major headache in a lot of cases, just pull the card out, there's no real need to connect the camera to a computer

OK tried with camera plugged in, still nothing.
The strange this is that I did get it to connect and find it ONCE the other day. Camera lens wasn't plugged in, just seemed to work.

Tried copying file to card, then putting back into camera.
Now seems to have no power (orange light comes on steady, that's all) but I did fully charge it yesterday....

Bloody thing is annoying hell out of me, I just want it to WORK.

Now I seem to be having a 'sticky buttons' issue.... that'll be the next job after I sort this bit out....

Also (I saw this earlier) what does red - orange - red - orange flashing light mean.....?

Last edited:
Back